Happy Place

Grab some popcorn, dim the lights, sit down on the couch and watch some kayak fishing videos.
Post Reply
User avatar
Hairy Little Dwarf
Moderator
Posts: 7136
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:39 am
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet
VHF Call Sign: Red Dwarf

Getting really ground down with corporate politics at work at the moment, so whipped up this quick pile of clips to be my happy place at lunchtime...
Quality varies due to age of some of them, and I didn't want it to be a 12Gb High Def monster but I think you'll get the gist of where I'd rather be.
Should take the cam out more often :?:

Anyway, hope it makes someone else feel a bit better about the world too.

Enjoy.

https://vimeo.com/199512755" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Waiting for the comments about 'That' Matai Bay trip :lol:
Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.
lespresso
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:15 pm
VHF Call Sign: N/a

nice compilation, i like it! thanks for taking the time to put it together

is gopro still the standard in these cameras, and secondly, are you best to head mount or pole mount?

reiss.
Viking Reload (2019)
User avatar
Hairy Little Dwarf
Moderator
Posts: 7136
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:39 am
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet
VHF Call Sign: Red Dwarf

Can't say about cams, I still use an ancient Hero 2. I dare say there's a lot more competition out there now.

As far as mounting, I prefer head mount as a) you get a steadier horizon, and b) you automatically catch anything you look at.

...of course, it only works if you actually take the camera out with you.
Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.
User avatar
FatherOfMany
Posts: 1803
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:34 am
Kayak Make: Old Town
Kayak Model: Predator XL Petrol
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9858
Location: Papakura, Auckland
Contact:

Thanks HLD, enjoyed that!! My camera mostly collects dust as well.

Talking about corporate stress... After clocking 81 hours from last Wednesday until today, I'm on leave for the next 2 weeks!!!
----------------------------------------------------
Old Town Predator XL
OK Tetra 12
Old Town Predator 13
OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #1, OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #2

PB: Snapper=66cm, J.D.=39cm, Gurnard=38cm

VHF Callsign: ZMW 9858

Kayak Fishing Auckland
User avatar
FatherOfMany
Posts: 1803
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:34 am
Kayak Make: Old Town
Kayak Model: Predator XL Petrol
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9858
Location: Papakura, Auckland
Contact:

FatherOfMany wrote:After clocking 81 hours from last Wednesday until today, I'm on leave for the next 2 weeks!!!
I'm sure nobody cares, but I woke up this morning and realised that 81 hours in 8 days is pretty unlikely. Checked my timesheet and it's 81 since last Monday. Anyway, whatever.
----------------------------------------------------
Old Town Predator XL
OK Tetra 12
Old Town Predator 13
OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #1, OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #2

PB: Snapper=66cm, J.D.=39cm, Gurnard=38cm

VHF Callsign: ZMW 9858

Kayak Fishing Auckland
User avatar
Hainesy
Moderator
Posts: 8314
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:20 pm
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196
Location: West Harbour

Hairy Little Dwarf wrote:....Waiting for the comments about 'That' Matai Bay trip :lol:

Ok.. I'll take the bait.. yes, who could forget "That" Matai Bay Trip.... What ever the future holds it will go down in KFNZ infamy !!
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

Image
Image
User avatar
Snap 4T
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:07 pm
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
Location: North Shore

FatherOfMany wrote:
FatherOfMany wrote:After clocking 81 hours from last Wednesday until today, I'm on leave for the next 2 weeks!!!
I'm sure nobody cares, but I woke up this morning and realised that 81 hours in 8 days is pretty unlikely. Checked my timesheet and it's 81 since last Monday. Anyway, whatever.
Come on FoM.. you can do better than that,
That's my normal hours but sometimes I dont get pay for it thou :|
User avatar
FatherOfMany
Posts: 1803
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:34 am
Kayak Make: Old Town
Kayak Model: Predator XL Petrol
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9858
Location: Papakura, Auckland
Contact:

Snap 4T wrote:
FatherOfMany wrote:
FatherOfMany wrote:After clocking 81 hours from last Wednesday until today, I'm on leave for the next 2 weeks!!!
I'm sure nobody cares, but I woke up this morning and realised that 81 hours in 8 days is pretty unlikely. Checked my timesheet and it's 81 since last Monday. Anyway, whatever.
Come on FoM.. you can do better than that,
That's my normal hours but sometimes I dont get pay for it thou :|
I don't know, it felt pretty long. Averaging 11+ hours concentrating in front of the computer, not counting lunches and breaks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
----------------------------------------------------
Old Town Predator XL
OK Tetra 12
Old Town Predator 13
OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #1, OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #2

PB: Snapper=66cm, J.D.=39cm, Gurnard=38cm

VHF Callsign: ZMW 9858

Kayak Fishing Auckland
User avatar
Snap 4T
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:07 pm
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
Location: North Shore

I'm self employed, 12++ hours/day its my normal working hours (+weekend - if windy)
but again I don't have/hire a politician so its not too bad.
politics at work will make 8 hours fell like eternity.

Take it easy at work HLD and really enjoyed that clip,
happy place alrite... :rock: :rock:.
dedant
Posts: 1597
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:11 pm
Kayak Make: Hobie
Kayak Model: Outback 2019
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052
Location: West Auckland

Snap 4T wrote:I'm self employed, 12++ hours/day its my normal working hours (+weekend - if windy)
but again I don't have/hire a politician so its not too bad.
politics at work will make 8 hours fell like eternity.

Take it easy at work HLD and really enjoyed that clip,
happy place alrite... :rock: :rock:.
Ditto; 2356 hours invoiced last year. Add to that sitting in "rush" hour , cleaning brushes & rollers at home, gear maintainence, car issues, paperbloodywork , etc...and getting this house ready to sell, its no wonder I have forgotten how to fish! :@
And what does a deer even look like again?

The reason a married man dies before his wife?... because he WANTS to ! :$
Image

Glass is Class.. dedant
User avatar
Hainesy
Moderator
Posts: 8314
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:20 pm
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196
Location: West Harbour

AntN wrote: Ditto; 2356 hours invoiced last year. Add to that sitting in "rush" hour , cleaning brushes & rollers at home, gear maintainence, car issues, paperbloodywork , etc...and getting this house ready to sell, its no wonder I have forgotten how to fish! :@ And what does a deer even look like again? The reason a married man dies before his wife?... because he WANTS to ! :$


Where are you moving to ???
Doubie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:20 pm
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400
VHF Call Sign: ZMX2654
Location: Auckland

Hairy Little Dwarf wrote:Getting really ground down with corporate politics at work at the moment, so whipped up this quick pile of clips to be my happy place at lunchtime...
Quality varies due to age of some of them, and I didn't want it to be a 12Gb High Def monster but I think you'll get the gist of where I'd rather be.
Should take the cam out more often :?:

Anyway, hope it makes someone else feel a bit better about the world too.

Enjoy.

https://vimeo.com/199512755" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Waiting for the comments about 'That' Matai Bay trip [emoji38]
Nice and accompanied Talk Talk...Nice bit of video.and audio [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Stinky inky
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:09 pm
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3
Location: Auckland

Def take the camera out more chap


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
Babylonian proverb
So fish more you will live longer....

Ocean kayak 4.3 GREEN

Cobra FnD
dedant
Posts: 1597
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:11 pm
Kayak Make: Hobie
Kayak Model: Outback 2019
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052
Location: West Auckland

Hainesy wrote:
AntN wrote: Ditto; 2356 hours invoiced last year. Add to that sitting in "rush" hour , cleaning brushes & rollers at home, gear maintainence, car issues, paperbloodywork , etc...and getting this house ready to sell, its no wonder I have forgotten how to fish! :@ And what does a deer even look like again? The reason a married man dies before his wife?... because he WANTS to ! :$


Where are you moving to ???
All the way out to Riverhead :)
Image

Glass is Class.. dedant
User avatar
Blazer60
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:51 pm
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5911 - Blazer60
Location: Whitby, Wellington

Nice viewing. Those results have encouraged me to throw the Hero 2 in the grab bag more often.
Blazer60
Stealth Fisha 500 ZMW5911
User avatar
WaikatoYakka
Posts: 4546
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:28 pm
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8783
Location: Hamilton
Contact:

Awesome compilation HLD, thanks for sharing.

......and Matai bay...... what were we thinking ????
Cobra Fish N Dive
Cobra Marauder
Ocean Kayak 4.3
Viking 400
TETRA12
Ocean Kayak4.3

RELOAD
........Such a whore

ZMT8783
Still turtle free since September '09 March 2011 :doh:

Addict since Sept '09
slomartin
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:12 pm
Kayak Make: Prijon
Kayak Model: Kodiak
VHF Call Sign: Fat Hippo
Location: Kerikeri
Contact:

that's a euro blade I see at 2:56, forsooth!

very nice indeed, take your cameras out for a stroll more often.
User avatar
PeterNZ
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 1:23 pm
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400 Lite
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9865
Location: Kaitaia
Contact:

What a cool video. I can't wait to get my off-days back (self employed here, too and busy season at the moment)

Re cameras, I bought a iON Air Pro Lite 1080p Wifi Action Camera I bought for $79 at https://www.1-day.co.nz/. 1-day is run by the same people as torpedo7. You just have to wait to come on in one of their sales.

Metal casing, easy to use, holds battery for ages.

Cheers

Peter
User avatar
PeterNZ
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 1:23 pm
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400 Lite
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9865
Location: Kaitaia
Contact:

1-Day has the camera on sale today for $79 https://www.1-day.co.nz/products/ion-ai ... ion-camera

Cheers

Peter
Post Reply