My first video with the Drift Stealth 2 camera

Grab some popcorn, dim the lights, sit down on the couch and watch some kayak fishing videos.
FatherOfMany
Kayak Make: Old Town
Kayak Model: Predator XL Petrol
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9858

Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:32 pm

This is the first video I've tried to make, so whatever...

Quite happy with the quality of the Stealth 2's video. This was 720p @ 30fps and I think the quality is fine. The camera can also record 720p @ 60fps or 1080p @ 30fps so I might play around, but quite likely to stay at this setting.

Sound through the waterproof case is almost non-existent. I can clearly hear movement through contact - in other words me moving around or bumping the kayak is loud, my can't hear my own voice - which might be a good thing.

Not so sure about the battery life in standby mode!! I got a total of 58 minutes over 9 clips spread throughout probably 4 hours or so, but this was with wifi off using the remote so I was probably hoping for more like 2 hours. At home I left the camera running continuously for 2 1/2 hours and I stopped it because I had to leave, so probably had some juice left, but I specifically got the remote because I don't want to film continuously. Anyway, will need to play around with it some more.
----------------------------------------------------
Old Town Predator XL
OK Tetra 12
Old Town Predator 13
OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #1, OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #2

PB: Snapper=66cm, J.D.=39cm, Gurnard=38cm

VHF Callsign: ZMW 9858

Kayak Fishing Auckland

Schecter
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish EVO IV
VHF Call Sign: ZMW8098

Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 pm

Good video FoM and congrats on the PB. Looking forward to watching and reading more.
Viking Tempo
Viking Profish 440

PB: Snapper=79cm. Rogers Road, 26/10/14

PB: Gurnard=34cm. Orere Point, 17/06/15

PB: Kingfish=75cm. Omaio, 13/02/16

Manurewa Marlins RLFC. The Home of Joe Galuvao, Henry Fa'afili, Greg Eastwood, Daniel O'Regan, Jesse Bromwich,
Kenny Bromwich, Peter Hiku, Ligi Sao, Siliva Havili.

Big k
Kayak Make: Vicking /Stealth / OK
Kayak Model: 440. / 4.7 / 495
VHF Call Sign: ZMU 3384

Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Nice job FOM ,keep up the good work nice to have a read with a movie as well :y:

Viking 440
OK 4.7 ultra arrived
Stealth EVO 495 gone
Stealth Carbon Kevlar 495 arrived
ZMU3384

Legasea supporter

awondering
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884

Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:52 pm

Nice work and well deserved... I spotted a little clockwise turn on the drag right at the end, may I suggest a little anti clockwise wise towards the end of the battle mate...

FatherOfMany
Kayak Make: Old Town
Kayak Model: Predator XL Petrol
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9858

Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:17 pm

For the record, I don't usually fish with 3 rods! That beginning part was when nothing was biting and I thought I'd just give the squid jig a quick go.
awondering wrote:Nice work and well deserved... I spotted a little clockwise turn on the drag right at the end, may I suggest a little anti clockwise wise towards the end of the battle mate...
Right... I don't really know how much stress that 4-8kg rod will handle, but I had started the drag way too loose and it was still taking line right at the end, which is why I put the net down and tightened the drag a little more. But I hear ya, will be a bit more patient.
Actually, I've got 6lb line on there, doesn't that mean that the rod should be safe?
----------------------------------------------------
Old Town Predator XL
OK Tetra 12
Old Town Predator 13
OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #1, OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #2

PB: Snapper=66cm, J.D.=39cm, Gurnard=38cm

VHF Callsign: ZMW 9858

Kayak Fishing Auckland

awondering
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884

Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:40 pm

Yes and no, you can pointload a rod with 2lb line and bust it... was more referring to the patience of bringing fish in, as most are lost boat side....
Side note prob heading out thurs/fri at this stage, will confirm later, if you are heading out bring the damaged rod and I will sort that guide out for you...

• Information