Waipu Cove - Boxing Day Session

Grab some popcorn, dim the lights, sit down on the couch and watch some kayak fishing videos.
owaldock
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 13

Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:50 pm

I have been a bit slack in posting up trip reports as between the moving house and the generally poor weather I haven't had that much to share. For my penance I have knocked up a vid of a recent fish up at Waipu Cove. Have to admit I had a great fish on boxing day which was quickly followed by 2 complete rubbish mornings on the water.

Bit light on the fishing action and sizable fish but enjoy. Am out tomorrow to Sullivan's so hope to have some reasonable news to share.

https://youtu.be/CsNqmCuCOHA

Orson

Hainesy
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:21 pm

Hey mate..nice vid...great to meet up with you up at the Cove...
I had a few good sessions, but not much since !

awondering
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:10 pm

Nice vid mate :y:

owaldock
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 13

Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:20 am

Hainesy wrote:Hey mate..nice vid...great to meet up with you up at the Cove...
I had a few good sessions, but not much since !
Hard to pin down why it was so slow but there were a crap tonne of boats on the water. There were 7 kayaks out a couple of days before new years and not a single fish caught between them :n: .

paddlesnap
Kayak Make: QK/Ron Augustin
Kayak Model: Torres/Seabear/ Albatross etc.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:02 pm

Hard to pin down why it was so slow but there were a crap tonne of boats on the water. There were 7 kayaks out a couple of days before new years and not a single fish caught between them :n: .[/quote]

http://www.3news.co.nz/nznews/red-seawe ... z3wuu5CYJX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seen slicks down our way (Firth of Thames ) to!

YakFisho Snapps
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 495,BFS..
VHF Call Sign: Yakfisho Snapps

Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:17 pm

paddlesnap wrote:Hard to pin down why it was so slow but there were a crap tonne of boats on the water. There were 7 kayaks out a couple of days before new years and not a single fish caught between them :n: .
http://www.3news.co.nz/nznews/red-seawe ... z3wuu5CYJX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seen slicks down our way (Firth of Thames ) to![/quote]

Yep it's flippin bad, The local farmers have had there tractors and trailers out the last 2 days going hard out moving it all, Top guys they love there KiwiYo Frozen Yoghurt Fix along the way to boot, It's around 400m spread back from main beach at Waipu Cove...But this has been around for a few years this time of the year this is the worse it has been thou..Tests are being done to see what's going on with the Algae Bloom. Fish are still around :y:

• Information