Schooner Rocks Round 2

Grab some popcorn, dim the lights, sit down on the couch and watch some kayak fishing videos.
nzkayaker
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: NZ Kayaker

Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:45 am

Proudly supported by Viking Kayaks, Sharkskin, Kokotat and Lowrance.

Ruff as Gutts
Kayak Model: Swing

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:50 am

Nice job bud, multitude of sea life out there! Have you noticed there's no KYs in close?? And Sanford's has been targeting them in the bay! It was the middle of winter since I have seen a work up! Maybe I've just missed them??

Fletcher
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9362

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:21 am

Nice work Tim and nice edit :y:
Yak PBs. | Snapper: 20.7lb | Trevally: 11lb | Kingfish: 13kg | Brown Trout: 5.5lb | Albacore Tuna: 4.6kg | John Dory: 2.0lb | Blue Cod: 34cm | Skipjack Tuna: 4.4lb | Eagle Ray: 10kgish | Red Snapper: 4.1lb | Grandfather Hapuka: 7.1lb | Pigfish: 3.7lb |

nzkayaker

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:43 pm

Ruff as Gutts wrote:Nice job bud, multitude of sea life out there! Have you noticed there's no KYs in close?? And Sanford's has been targeting them in the bay! It was the middle of winter since I have seen a work up! Maybe I've just missed them??
Yeh its a pretty cool place for the wildlife factor...mainly because the BOP is so buggered at the mo that there is hardly any wildlife around! You're definitely right about the kahawai. I've only had one session with them off Papamoa in the last 6 months, and the ones out at Schooner are real scary...it looks like the big boys have been hammering them alright.

YakDr
Kayak Model: Viking Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMU4103

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:42 am

Another cool vid Tim. Good work. Shame about the commercials over there. You coming over for the tuna comp? Make it a extra long weekend :)

nzkayaker

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:58 am

YakDr wrote:Another cool vid Tim. Good work. Shame about the commercials over there. You coming over for the tuna comp? Make it a extra long weekend :)
I didn't even know about the Tuna comp but I just looked it up and I'd definitely be keen - do you need to be a club member to enter?

YakDr
Kayak Model: Viking Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMU4103

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:25 pm

No you don't. Be good to see you over here again and a good warm-up for the classic if you can take a couple of extra days

• Information