Tetra 12 Angler with a quick Humminbird Helix fit out no holes drilled

In this section you will find reviews, of kayaks, accessories, fishing tackle, and more. All reviews are written by our members. If you have a favorite piece of equipment, write up a review and let others know what you think.
STRAY DOG
Kayak Make: OCEAN KAYAK,viking
Kayak Model: PROWLER4.3,4.1 ,pro fish 440
VHF Call Sign: stray dog

Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:20 pm

Traded this Ocean Kayak Tetra 12 angler in had one of the new Humminbird Helix sonar units waiting ever so nicely sitting on the bench just begging to to fitted and be used :wasntme: sooo
Come up with a quick last minute plan to fit to this 2nd hand Kayak :P nice and simple no holes required and made an adapter mount so can be fitted to a battery holder from some foam and glued the Transducer to hull with Silicone type sealant
20150826_102101.jpg
20150826_102315.jpg
Rain the power cable and Transducer cable up through center hutch opening and then re fitted lid securely :!:
20150822_153339.jpg
20150822_153256.jpg
I also wanted to do some tests as to see how much water would be allowed to enter into the hull while launching through some surf and paddling through some heavy chop these flooding the cock pit area and I also had scupper valves in to slow down the drain out wow i must say how much fun this was and this smaller volume kayak is very impressive to paddle has great glide time, very responsive tracks very well with the Rudder (did not paddle un rudded other than entry and exit through the surf as I are a Rudder man ]:) ) and also felt very stable in these conditions, quite some amount of water did come over the bow in the not so flat conditions producing a "wet" ride but in the flatter conditions was not so an issue, all in all a great basic kayak that can take the punishment if needed

At the end of this trip their was about 300ml of water in the Hull thought this was really good for what i had pushed it through and was expecting more
20150823_123740.jpg
Had a full on the water play with the new Humminbird Helix series sounder today aswell very impressed with this unit very easy to operate with quick no fuss menu options and very clear read out returns and this was shooting through the hull as wellother std Scotty-Railblaza HD mounting base pattern :y:
Made

Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:54 am

Nice clean and simple install SD :y:

What glue do you use for the transducer?
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

Jamie D
Kayak Make: Profisha 525
Kayak Model: Stealth
VHF Call Sign: Warpig

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:11 am

Jason , that boat looks Solid and packing great features in a tidy hull , perfect for quick afternoon sessions with a minimum of fuss . I like it :y:

STRAY DOG

Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:38 pm

Mental wrote:Nice clean and simple install SD :y:

What glue do you use for the transducer?
It was just some High grade Automotive sealant I had (Wurth brand ) The other stuff i still wont to try is Grip & Hold ?

STRAY DOG

Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:40 pm

Jamie D wrote:Jason , that boat looks Solid and packing great features in a tidy hull , perfect for quick afternoon sessions with a minimum of fuss . I like it :y:
Fore sure mate easy grab and go no fuss :rock:

• Information