Propelz Speed paddle

In this section you will find reviews, of kayaks, accessories, fishing tackle, and more. All reviews are written by our members. If you have a favorite piece of equipment, write up a review and let others know what you think.
yak64
Kayak Make: Ocean kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: ZME2628

Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi Just wondering how people have found the Propelz Speed paddle. I need a replacement.... had a Carlisle magic plus that is no more. I found this was good for me and wondered how the Propelz Speed would compare.

Thanks for your advice

Hawk
Kayak Make: Pinnacle
Kayak Model: Elite
VHF Call Sign: Hawk ZMU3995

Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:04 pm

Have you looked at Millennium paddles? I know that they're a bit more pricey, but Corey's stuff is very very good. He'd definitely hook you up a deal too. Might even do one in glass too...and he is even in Taradale, bonus!

yak64

Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:35 pm

Hey hawk Thanks for that.... have looked at them now... look very nice indeed.... not sure my paddling can do it justice though and just saw the price... after todays episode may need one more in the disposable range... thinking of changing my name on here to "Snapper" and not cause of the fish ;( . Do need a local option though as no paddle :headbang:

RJ
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: ultra 4.7

Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Corey was working at Pandora kayaks on Sundays to help out if you want to talk to him but I'm not sure if he is there over the holidays

yak64

Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:15 pm

Hi Ross

I actually popped in to pandora to get a paddle and caught up with Corey yesterday. I needed a paddle asap as i had been out practicing in the surf yesterday at TA and the day before... the day before went well even though the surf was up .... yesterday it seemed a bit higher :( ... and it was... after several exciting launches and landings... :whew: i decided to call it quits..... except the car was 200metres away.... so whats the harm in one more launch to get to the car? Quite a bit apparently..... after a long wait in the surf... the perfect moment finally appeared.... :y: got thru a few waves and finally made it.... but no apparently.... a wave came out of nowhere.... seemed to be the biggest of the day...... broke perfectly... :doh: on top of me.... paddled flat tack.... but as my kayak went vertical and then flipped backwards... i bailed.... a few bruises later .... a broken blade and snapped paddle lease.... well thats where the story began.

Got a cheap paddle.... going to get a nice one made from Corey..... seems its a good idea to have a backup :wasntme:

• Information