Millennium Arcturus Carbon Paddle

In this section you will find reviews, of kayaks, accessories, fishing tackle, and more. All reviews are written by our members. If you have a favorite piece of equipment, write up a review and let others know what you think.
Raptor
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish Reload
VHF Call Sign: Raptor ZMQ2349

Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:30 am

I recently had Corey from millennium paddles make me an Arturus after I broke my beloved Descente paddle a few weeks ago.

I was a bit nervous about it but I had heard some pretty good stuff about Corey and his paddles so took the plunge. I needn't have been concerned, not only was it a work of art to look at but it performed perfectly. The catch is smooth, the grip on the water is amazing and the weight is spot on even with the smart shaft and titanium tips. Yesterday I took it out for a quick test paddle in a fully laden Viking Reload on the Auckland harbour but right from the start it was so nice to use that I just kept on going and ended up out at Motuihe island. 25km later I was back at the beach and very happy with my new paddle.

This is not a wing blade (Corey does make those as well) but a traditional full sized asymmetric with quite a bit of lengthwise curve making the catch very smooth and also giving it very good grip.
He also makes one with a smaller blade for the smaller paddler or those with a little less paddle strength. That one is called the Pollux.

I wanted a paddle that was great for sea kayaking (sit in) but also worked well with the heavily loaded ride on fishing boat.
The smart shaft is great as I can adjust the length to fit the boat and the feather angle if needed.

As carbon paddles can be a bit fragile around the edges Corey also added titanium tips hidden inside the blades which give impact resistance on rocks etc but they don't affect the look of the blade at all.

The all up price was just over $300 so very good for a paddle of this type.
Talk to Corey and tell him you came from the forum, I'm sure he will do a good deal for you.

http://www.millenniumpaddles.co.nz/
Last edited by Raptor on Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raptor ZMQ2349

Mad keen kayaker... or perhaps just mad.
- Viking Profish Reload (the rock proof fishing boat)
- Southern Skua (the distance cruiser)
- Squall (Its hers)
- Breaksea Double (doin it together)

Hawk
Kayak Make: Pinnacle
Kayak Model: Elite
VHF Call Sign: Hawk ZMU3995

Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Yep, they're pretty cool alright. Great product, and excellent service.

Got a Centurion earlier this year, and in my limited use of it, have been stoked.

http://www.kayakfishingnz.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=17414" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

• Information