Ocean Trident 4.3 anti slip seating

In this section you will find reviews, of kayaks, accessories, fishing tackle, and more. All reviews are written by our members. If you have a favorite piece of equipment, write up a review and let others know what you think.
STRAY DOG
Kayak Make: OCEAN KAYAK,viking
Kayak Model: PROWLER4.3,4.1 ,pro fish 440
VHF Call Sign: stray dog

Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:17 pm

No more slippy seat base as most of kayak seem to do Ocean Kayak have been putting some great ideas into practice this just one of meany improvements to the Trident 4.3
20141102_142935.jpg
A recess curve between scuppers under seating area and then a lip under seat to locate
20141102_142913.jpg
Locating tabs under front side of seat
20141102_143830.jpg
I have also moved the seat back support straps to next rearward saddles to give me more movement for twisting and seating side saddle

AndrewRawlingson

Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:20 pm

Looks good. For my money, they got it bang on with these, don't why they changed them :(

STRAY DOG
Kayak Make: OCEAN KAYAK,viking
Kayak Model: PROWLER4.3,4.1 ,pro fish 440
VHF Call Sign: stray dog

Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:31 pm

AndrewRawlingson wrote:Looks good. For my money, they got it bang on with these, don't why they changed them :(

I like that seating too you could still retro fit Like I have done to my Ultra 4.7
The new seating position in the trident is on a higher angle now they may of thought this way would be better ? I for one are really happy with the new style :y:

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:16 pm

STRAY DOG wrote:
AndrewRawlingson wrote:Looks good. For my money, they got it bang on with these, don't why they changed them :(

I like that seating too you could still retro fit Like I have done to my Ultra 4.7
The new seating position in the trident is on a higher angle now they may of thought this way would be better ? I for one are really happy with the new style :y:
One of the biggest complaints with the old one is "that" seat. its not overly comfortable for long periods. its flat and your butt is below your feet. so while some like it most dont.
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://www.northlandangler.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

kinghong1970
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Trident Ultra 4.3

Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:52 am

MadMike wrote:
STRAY DOG wrote:

One of the biggest complaints with the old one is "that" seat. its not overly comfortable for long periods. its flat and your butt is below your feet. so while some like it most dont.
MadMike,

i guess everyone's ass is different... lol?
i find that the NZ seat offers more cushion over the fabric slipping seat that my 4.3 came with.

Al

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:35 am

Cushioning and paddle position are two different things. the latter comes into play for longer paddle duration's where the earlier has more of an instant effect.
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://www.northlandangler.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

cheaterparts
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:01 am

I sat on mine for 11 - 11.5 hours with out a break doing a local Snapper comp back on the 31st of Oct and think these are pretty good
the aluminium back rest support bend though - I replaced mine with one made of 3 mm think stainless ( just copied the aly one )
and that has not been a problem since

• Information