Awesome Fish Finder Cover from Assassin Composites !!

In this section you will find reviews, of kayaks, accessories, fishing tackle, and more. All reviews are written by our members. If you have a favorite piece of equipment, write up a review and let others know what you think.
Hainesy
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:31 am

Caught up with fellow Forum member "Winch" yesterday during his road trip up to the "big smoke" ;) ;)

Some of you may be aware that Winch also posts on the Forum under his "business name" of Assassin Composites. AC design and make yak and yak fishing accessories.

Some time ago, AC gave us a bit of a preview on a new Fish Finder cover they were looking to develop. After a lot of prototypes and trials, I took delivery of one of the first "full production" units yesterday.

Its a bit too wet and breezey to give it a proper workout and trial today, but it just reeks simplicity and practicality !!

Heres a few pics that show the final product and it set up on my yak in the shed !

As you can see, its a pretty simple idea !
IMG_0894.jpg
The cover slips over your FF where its held in place by a couple of locating grooves (one each side) and an adjustable strap that "holds" the FF from underneath.
IMG_0895.jpg
Here it is in place on the yak.......
IMG_0896.jpg
As you can see it will give great "shade" protection as well as helping prevent screen / unit splashes. :y: :y:

The back provides good protection from the water and can be "custom cut" to suit the electrical connections pertaining to your own FF model.
IMG_0898.jpg
My unit is a Lowrance Elite 5 (so 5" screen") and I understand that this unit will other common 5" models such as Hummingbird .

If you're after one, drop Winch or Assassin Composites a PM here on the Forum !

From my discussions with Winch he has some other great ideas that he wants to develop and I for one look forward to seeing them come to fruition ! :rock: :rock:
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

• Information