Review: Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 meets 'The Cow'

In this section you will find reviews, of kayaks, accessories, fishing tackle, and more. All reviews are written by our members. If you have a favorite piece of equipment, write up a review and let others know what you think.
kayak chris
Kayak Make: ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler Ultra
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8810

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:05 am

tutuyaka wrote:thats cool.. thought you were firing off at me. i agree 100% with you. dont knock it until you try it.
Sorry mate, wasnt meant to sound that way at all ;)
That is definatly the down side to forums, you cant realy tell context can you....

Kayaks-
Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.7, Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.3, Tahe Greenlander T, Mission Eco Bezhig, Perception Expedition, Bliss-Stick Flip Stick

Jigheads Paddling and Fishing team member,
Come visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

richardantony
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: espri

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:31 pm

But as far as i can see N2Y has given credit where credit is due and mentioned a coupled of the things he had concerns with . A very balanced review . :y:[/quote]

Sorry if it sounded sarcastic. :$ not in a good place last night, but I dot think the above line down plays something that i would of thought was a couple of major concerns. Paddling straight and being able to sit in the kayak comfortably.
Can someone direct me to the other review of this model?

kayak chris

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:47 pm

All good mate, I wasn't trying to spark anything either,
Other reviews can be found in this thread, more specifically pg14 and pg15.
http://www.kayakfishingnz.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=4874" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kayaks-
Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.7, Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.3, Tahe Greenlander T, Mission Eco Bezhig, Perception Expedition, Bliss-Stick Flip Stick

Come visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

N2Y
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8335

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:48 pm

...remember this is just how I found the seat and I am sure others will be very comfortable in it. I had big problems with comfort in my Prowler 13 also while I had mates that paddled them with std seat with no comfort problems at all. Conversely I find the seat setup in my Profish 400 very comfy where as a mate who also paddles a 400 gets the dreaded num-bumb syndrome after a few hours.

As mentioned, get down/up there and have a paddle yourself. You will soon work out whether the 4.3 moulded seat works for you or if you should consider another seat option.

Cheers.
PB's: Snapper 26.2lb :whew: ; Kawhai 3lb :?: ; Kingfish 25lb 8) ; Trevally 9.5lb :rock: ; John Dory 2lb? :lol: ; Gurnard 35cm :P

kayak chris

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:53 pm

Well said that man ;)

Kayaks-

Smeg
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: ZMU2462

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:36 pm

" In saying this I understand the factory seat can be removed and replaced with aftermarket options...the next test "

Any news on this?
PB# 57cm Snapper
PB# 54cm Trevally
PB# 59cm Kahawai
PB# 51cm John Dory

Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.3
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler

• Information