oh no is till back at the car

Find and take part in our weekly poll, find out how others are doing it, what the are doing it with, how often they are doing it etc. Also suggest your own polls in here and we'll get them posted
profishpaul
Kayak Make: ocean
Kayak Model: prowler 4.3 elite

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:04 pm

after the last fishing trip to the coro several people left certain fishing tackle ,rods ect in their cars or at home ,no need to name names :lol: :lol: whats the most important bit of gear you have left behind :rofl: :rofl:
Last edited by profishpaul on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

murf
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3 Ultra

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Poor buggers, I reckon we all do that. Got my yak on the beach, all set up on the c-Tug. Got the feeling something was missing. Moment of realisation followed by self loathing.

Paddle woulda been handy you :swear: idiot :headbang: Not 'back at the car' either - still in the shed.

I call this "Hobbie Syndrome" even though I've never paddled (peddled) one.

Ironic that when we think we see something when it isn't really there, this is called a 'mirage' :lol:

Luckily I live close by so I just jumped in the truck and went and got it. If it had of been Cable bay or Kina I woulda been friggin :devil:

awondering
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:44 pm

I will stand up there mate... as you welll know :!: I paddled 3.5ks into a 20knot head wind out to the islands off anglers lodge only to find I left all my terminal tackle in the van :lol: I did have two rods already rigged :worried: and as luck would have it I didnt lose any gear and returned home still intacted after having caught heaps of fish for the day... :!: :lol: I guess thats what a load of beer and red wine the night before will do to ya :drunk:

G1
Kayak Model: Profish

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:55 pm

profishpaul wrote:after the last fishing trip to the coro several people left curtain fishing tackle ,rods ect in their cars or at home ,no need to name names :lol: :lol: whats the most important bit of gear you have left behind :rofl: :rofl:
I dont usually take my curtain rods fishing :lol: :lol:

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:10 pm

Setup the yak at the bay, ready to go, went to put on the PFD.... bum.
Spent an irritating session fishing in amongst the yacht moorings (wasn't going any further than that) throwing back goldfish snapper and berating myself before admitting this wasn't going to produce anything decent and packed it in.

And more recently, turned up at my favourite SpotX without any SBs. One advantage of fishing with a buddy is you can cadge some off him - My mate still giving me grief about it :P
.................... "Flying Mango".......... [Up for sale, $1400]

Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

MikeAqua
Kayak Model: Profish 400
VHF Call Sign: ZMT-7387

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:20 pm

I did the opposite on my boat once: took something out I should have left at home.

I couldn't figure out why the port outboard kept cavitating. Tilting it up revealed I had left the flush cups on :$

A ringing endorsement for how well they hang on really. From Nelson to Havelock on the trailer (1 hour), and then a couple of km from the marina to open water.

Not such a ringing endorsement for my powers of observation, as I had removed tie downs and tilt locks and checked bungs within a foot of the flush cups but didn't notice them :$
"No good story begins with a salad"
ZMT-7387
Viking Profish 400Stolen!! Yellow/Black
'Zespri' Viking Espri
Viking 2+1 Stolen!! Orange/yellow with scratch along one side

Aquaholic
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: prowler 4.5
VHF Call Sign: zmt9106

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:33 pm

ummm......forgot all my fishing tackle, bait and seat all in one trip :rock: , but at least i remembered my paddle :clap:
Ocean kayak 4.5
Perception streamline

PB's: Snapper-11lb gurnard-3lb kahawhai-7lb J.D-5lb

Kingfish killer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Ive travelled halfway across Auckland to my launch spot , unpacked everything , get set up , go park the wagon , go back to the beach look around for my paddle ...... :^) |( :swear: Run back to the wagon , look inside , still no paddle ..... double :swear: .
Pack all my gear up put the yak back on the wagon , drive back to West Auckland wake the missus up at 6am on a sunday :doh: when opening the garage door up , grab my paddle and drive back to the Northshore beach and unpack all my gear again :lol:

The worst part about this storey is i did exactly the same thing 7 days later !!! :$
After that i always kept my paddle in the van 24/7 ;)

Kerry
Kayak Make: Old town
Kayak Model: Predator PDL

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:45 pm

Ha ha with you guys on the paddle thing I got to maitai one morning planing to head up to karikari and realised I'd left the paddle behind, I'd just got my outboard a few weeks earlier so was still able to have a fish in the bay but I wasn't going to go any further with out a backup mode of propulsion :$ On another trip on the boat me and my dad went out to whangape and out the harbour so I could have a dive for some paua I was about to get into the water when I realised I'd left the mask and snorkel in the yak form the dive the day before :doh: Dad was not impressed

• Information