Fishing alone?

Find and take part in our weekly poll, find out how others are doing it, what the are doing it with, how often they are doing it etc. Also suggest your own polls in here and we'll get them posted

Fishing Alone?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Always fish alone
Often fish alone
Never fish alone
Total votes: 47
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 440
VHF Call Sign: ZMU4850

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:48 pm

I used to do most of my fishing alone until I met Robbo out on the water one day - haven't had the peace and quiet of a solo fish since! j/k mate :lol:
Viking Predator Profish

Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Scrambler XT

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:12 pm

Always alone...not by choice I just dont have any friends ;( . Well I only just made one last week!
I'd rather paddle with others for safety knowing I have a heart issue.

Kayak Make: Barracuda
Kayak Model: Beachcomber
VHF Call Sign: ZMT6867

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:14 pm

I tend to make last minute decisions about what I am doing :lol:

I was happy to paddle solo before I started fishing. Now I have trhe basic fishing techniques will also fish solo and always carry a VHF.

Kayak Make: feelfree
Kayak Model: nomad 2010
VHF Call Sign: fishytail

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:36 pm

Always took the kids out kayak fishing, but they have flown the coupe now.
Down sized the kayak this year and have been out a dozen times now with no problems.
Always let the mrs know where i'm going and a rough time frame, take all the usual safety gadgets to.
Due to work commitments all my fishing is done spur of the moment, the night before weather is checked and off i go, so no time to tee up a fellow fisho.
Life is so much simpler when your out fishing.

Kayak Make: Kaskazi
Kayak Model: Dorado 2
VHF Call Sign: help

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Yes mostly alone but i always find my self taking to random people on the water even in boat as i drift past catching their fish :rofl: yeah not the best words past over

Kayak Make: Cobra
Kayak Model: Fish & Dive

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:42 pm

I am one for the lonely team. I know a few guys on the island but we are all in the same boat of having very young families so trying to get a time organised that suits everyone never seems to work.

I actually enjoy the peace and quite as it gives me the chance to unwind, I have a 3 yo, a 1 yo and another due at xmas, a lot to unwind from ;) and remember why I moved to NZ, lifestyle :)
A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work!!!

Personal Bests -
Snapper - 4.5kg - Papa Aroha
All other species - watch this space :) - keep watching if you like to paint drying :)

Weekend Warrior!
Kayak Make: Quality Kayaks
Kayak Model: Scupper Dive Pro

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:50 pm

I'm in the no mates camp.

I live in papmoa and always fish alone, up to 5/6k offshore for up to half a day. doesnt really bother me, just give the Mrs a timeframe and call in on the shoe phone if i'm going to be late (usually either fishin is too good to leave OR I've got a mean westerly to contend with). Am looking at getting out to Motiti Is solo but will invest in VHF before I do.

Kayak Make: prowler
Kayak Model: 2010
VHF Call Sign: nil

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:22 pm

i go out to fish alone , then i turn around to see like six or so others on the water

• Information