How Much? Eat or Give?

Find and take part in our weekly poll, find out how others are doing it, what the are doing it with, how often they are doing it etc. Also suggest your own polls in here and we'll get them posted

How Much? Eat or Give?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:00 pm

Eat none I give it all away
No votes
Eat some give the majority away
12%
About half and half
30%
Eat the majority myself and give a bit away
51%
Keep it all to myself
7%

Total votes: 74
awondering
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884

Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:42 pm

Being moderated for the first time (I think), I still stand by my earlier comments :!: :lol:

Blazer60
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5911 - Blazer60

Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Oh I'm with you, make no mistake... some individuals aren't worthy of further attention. Happy for them to put up the "I'm a dickhead flag".. I don't need to blow anymore wind to help it strain at the flagpole.
Blazer60
Viking Reload ZMW5911

awondering
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Blazer60 wrote:Oh I'm with you, make no mistake... some individuals aren't worthy of further attention. Happy for them to put up the "I'm a dickhead flag".. I don't need to blow anymore wind to help it strain at the flagpole.

Thank you Blazer60. I am glad you saw what was posted prior to being moderated.... right or wrong that was a bullshite post by clearly an idiot who has little regard for we have all contributed to make this forum awesome :y: Sorry guys BUT Moderators you missed the mark here :!:

BigDave
Kayak Make: Wavewalk
Kayak Model: W500
VHF Call Sign: zmw5526

Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:38 am

I assume that I'm the one with the dick head flag, so my apologies for any hurt feelings, it was of course a jest. I figured the second half would have made that blindingly clear. I absolutely abhor any mistreatment of aquatic life that goes past catching for a hunter gatherer pastime, and every fish that I catch that is longer than my self imposed minimum length (yes it's meagre at best as it's 30 but time will improve that) counts to my daily bag limit and anything above and beyond that is released regardless of size. I know this may well bite me someday and I'll get a new Pb after getting my limit, but at least I have a camera now so I'd return home with a memory and a lesson. The only reason I'd catch something after reaching my limit would be from trying something else out to target a different species and learning the hard way that it was what I should have done to begin with. Legal implications don't come into it, I stay inside the law because it's what a group of management brains decided was fair fishing.

I do aim for the limit, although I expect to catch up to 5 with my current skillset.

In closing I again apologise, as some of you who have seen my other posts I do fancy myself as having a sense of funny, albeit a darker one, but my jibes are meant to let someone have a lol, not to troll them.
WaveWalk W500
ZMW5526
Yak PB's: Snapper 44cm @ Howick. JD 36cm Sullivans.

Oh, and remember to radio me if you find yourself in a workup.

Blazer60
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5911 - Blazer60

Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Bugger it, I thought I was going to leave this alone. No matter. Trolling cuts the cord either end I believe, or so Wikipedia tells me. Anyone posting a comment to provoke a response etc etc.. If my use of descriptive prose namely reference to Richard Cranium is inflammatory then I apologise for any guilt by association. What is questionable is and this is according to the Acceptable Use provisions of this Forum, are posts that deliberately provoke response from members. And you can argue 'deliberately' no doubt. You Big Dave have been headshot before because of your comments. Like you I am a fan of black humour and any other shade come to that. I know you were being provocative, you call it a joke. Well some clearly do not see it that way. I choose to impart my weird humour on selected audiences, some stuff needs to stay around the barbie however. Humour aside, Awondering's concerns IMHO, are around who watches this forum. MFish will no doubt use this place as a rich vein of Open Source Intelligence. Yep most of it is harmless, but all intel starts with harmless banter or a joke. There is a vast amount of info in this forum, call signs, where people live etc etc.. Some stuff you just don't joke about publicly which is Awondering's point. And Awondering, as much as you might feel that moderators missed the bus with Dave's comments, the above Acceptable Use clauses absolves them, appropriately no doubt, of responsibility for who posts what. They aren't publishers, merely a platform for people to speak. Which I have done...dammit, and I wasn't going to..
Blazer60
Viking Reload ZMW5911

• Information