KFNZ Fishing Competition

Forum Announcements from the KayakFishingNZ team
Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:50 am

Along the lines of the other online kayak fishing competitions we are running one too.

We have decided to start this competition as bragging rights only with no prizes at this point as prizes can tend to turn this sort of thing sour and bring out the cheats - This may change in the future if we get a sponsor or donated prizes.

The Rules
Fish entered in the competition must be legal size and must be caught from a kayak.

Photo showing fish must accompany the entry and must also show measuring device / fish measurement.

How to Enter

Fill in the following details for each entry and enter it in the relevant monthly forum thread along with the photo by the cut off date for that month (Tuesday 9am following the final Sunday).

Details which should be included with entries are as follows:-

Name / Username of Angler:
Fish Type:
Length:
Date/Time of Capture:
Location of Capture:
Type of Lure/Bait used:
Comments:

Competition Time Limit

Each month's comp period will be from the 1st Saturday until the 2nd Sunday of each month (inclusive).
This format includes two full weekends plus a full midweek period. You can get out as many times as you like within this timeframe.

A thread will be started for each competition for you to post your entry into.

Measuring Fish

Each entry must be photographed on a measuring device to show the length of the fish, the length is measured from the tip of nose to the vee in the tail of the fish, i.e. the same way you measure the legal length of a fish, see example below.

In the future we hope to be able to supply a measuring device, the the mean time feel free to improvise.
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

• Information