25%

Total votes: 16
Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:53 am

A quick poll to see how people would prefer to see this weekend run, do we want prizes and certificates/trophy's or lets just keep this thing 100% social?

Of course having prizes, certificates/trophy's etc means there will be costs incurred, I'll try to see if we can get some sponsors to cover these costs but if not we may end up with having to ask attendees to help out, what is your position?

I also understand we all have different circumstances, so if it ends up with the prizes and certificates/trophy's being the most popular, any cost covering will be completely optional also some may want to make a donation via other means than simply cash, may be bring some food for the Saturday evening..?

This is NOT a money making exercise

Please cast your vote above and/or add comments below

Cheers, Mental
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:04 am

I'll make a trophy for the "Sea Lettuce Award".

Presented for the finest act of muppetry on the high seas. :mrgreen:

Nominations are expected to include such things as:

Loss of Proximity with Kayak
Unintentional Release in spectacular circumstances
Forgetting to bring vital kit
Turtles
Quotable Quotes

All in good fun, so feel free to dob your mate in, or even offer yourself up for trial :twisted:
.................... "Flying Mango".......... [Up for sale, $1400]

Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

kayak chris
Kayak Make: ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler Ultra
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8810

Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Im happy to throw a few dollars at it to help us be able to offer some small prizes, biggest fish trophies etc.

Kayaks-
Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.7, Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.3, Tahe Greenlander T, Mission Eco Bezhig, Perception Expedition, Bliss-Stick Flip Stick

Jigheads Paddling and Fishing team member,
Come visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Harry
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: prowler 4.5

Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:36 pm

Having prizes or a trophy would fall into the nice to have category, but not necessary. I am sure that wont be why we will turn up for this, the real reason would be getting to fish a great area with a bunch of like minded blokes and being able to have a beer and a yarn afterwards. So either way would be sweet.
Mental, not sure who mentioned it last Saturday, but I thought the idea of a raffle number style prize giving (one number = one prize) sounded good. Would give people like me more of a fighting chance :mrgreen:

kayak chris
Kayak Make: ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler Ultra
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8810

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:16 am

Hi Harry,
You are right, not needed but nice.... i guess we are just trying to make this a bit more of an event, rather than just a day out fishing with the boys 9like every other weekend ;) )
and yes the raffle style is definatly a good idea.
We are just trying to sound out if people want it or not... ;)

Kayaks-
Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.7, Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.3, Tahe Greenlander T, Mission Eco Bezhig, Perception Expedition, Bliss-Stick Flip Stick

Jigheads Paddling and Fishing team member,
Come visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kingfish killer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:42 am

I would be keen to put a $20 entry fee to go towards prizes :)

Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Update - August 2nd:
This is going to be a no payment event, you don't have to pay to attend (other than your own costs of getting there and accommodation, etc).

We'll have some awards for the fishing on the Saturday and also a few from the forum...

I'll supply some sausages for the BBQ and may be a few beers, if you want any other food or drinks etc then it will be up to you to bring your own.

I'll try and get some products from sponsors etc and we'll have a prize draw/raffle for these on the Saturday night.

We'll keep it informal this year and see how it goes, if we want to turn it into more of a formal full on fishing comp next year then we'll cross that bridge when we come to it :)

Cheers, Mental
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

• Information