Gastro Anyone ?

For discussing everything that isn't kayak fishing...
hermodo
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: 4.1 ultra
VHF Call Sign: -

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:00 pm

I can't help but be a little cynical about the fresh water debacle in our district right now.
Yep , you got it, I live in Hawkes Bay. No I am not vomitting and yes I did spend last weekend in Havelock North. I drank beer pretty much all of the weekend , so I guess thats why I came back home to Napier unscathed ! However there are plenty of people who aren't feeling so cheeky right now , some 3000 of them . Gastro enteritis is something you can expect en masse if you drink the water in the Ganges , or maybe the Thames but in Havelock North, where I can't even afford a home , come on ? Are we being duped as well as poisoned?
You have to ask some questions . What do they do to ensure our water is safe ? who monitors this process? Why , after 10 days, do they still not know where the contamination has come from? What a crock of shit , this is disgraceful .

MikeAqua
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400
VHF Call Sign: ZMT-7387

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:07 pm

Town water supplies and management of them have to comply with the drinking water standards.

Sources of contamination in water supply can be very difficult to track. The water in a bore field comes from a wide area so how do you pinpoint the source of contamination that is seeping into the ground and then into the aquifer or whatever

I don't envy the people with gastro or those responsible for managing the situation.

I understand they are dealing with some seriously difficult gastro bugs.
"No good story begins with a salad"
ZMT-7387
Viking Profish 400Stolen!! Yellow/Black
'Zespri' Viking Espri
Viking 2+1 Stolen!! Orange/yellow with scratch along one side

dedant
Kayak Make: Jackson Kayaks
Kayak Model: Kraken
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:39 am

Freedom campers and open Immigration policies are to blame ;)
Winston Peters said so |(

Ok , so maybe he didn't mention Freedom Camping

Jackson KRAKEN dedant

• Information