Salt Armour.

For discussing everything that isn't kayak fishing...
HookiT
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: PRO 400 LITE
VHF Call Sign: ZMQ4712

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:41 am

Having purchased a lot of different types of gear from overseas over the last 40 odd years, mainly from the USA, for the first time I find myself ripped off with shipping.
Made a purchase from SA, their website for international says, 'free shipping' to NZ.
In my instance this was not the case.
I was charged for shipping. Shipping was as much as the product I purchased.
Shipping charges only came up 'after' I had accepted to purchase what was in cart.
Beware !!

Trying to contact SA is/was impossible . 15 emails to every address I could find. Only reply was from customer service and that was "you may phone us on this number from 8-5 if you have any problems with your order, nope that is more expense.
I have bitten the bullet . I can assure SA, THEY SHALL NEVER HAVE MYSELF AS A CUSTOMER AGAIN.
'Free Shipping to NZ', in American language, is different than other English speaking countries.

AndrewRawlingson

Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:12 am

My order was free shipping. I went for the 5 buffs for US$15 deal. Total price was NZ$22 which is correct. One of the buff designs was incorrect and my mrs didn't like it, so I passed it on to another KFNZ member. All in all, quite happy.

Hope you get it sorted.

Hainesy
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:04 am

They really seem quite odd to deal with....
I placed an order on them, can't recall the shipping details other than it was what I expected.
Anyway it took about 2 weeks for any order acknowledgement and another 2 weeks to see them. When they arrived they were what I expected..
Then the interesting part started....
About 2 months later I get another order acknowledgement for an order I never placed ...
About 4-5 emails later I gave up trying to make contact with them after checking several times to make sure I hadn't been charged again.
Two weeks go by and another box turns up with my order duplicated along with a few extra things and no explanation!
So go figure !!!.... I'm surprised they're still in business !

HookiT

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:16 am

AndrewRawlingson wrote:My order was free shipping. I went for the 5 buffs for US$15 deal. Total price was NZ$22 which is correct. One of the buff designs was incorrect and my mrs didn't like it, so I passed it on to another KFNZ member. All in all, quite happy.

Hope you get it sorted.
Would love to get it sorted Andrew. My Order was for $14.99 then another $14.99 for shipping total was $29.98. The biggie is not being able to contact any person.
Yes I am happy with product, alas it should of been as described 'FREE shipping.

Just Read Hainseys post, lol, would love them to duplicate my order the same way then we would be squared up.
Have also noticed a lot of xtra spam coming to my box , Hmmm !

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:54 am

I too went for their USD$15 (±NZ$23) Buffs with free shipping, Took about 4 weeks to get here which was acceptable for free freight.
I seem to recall that not all buffs on site were included in the deal though, maybe 20 or so out of their range so maybe you added a couple that weren't qualifiers?
My email querying expected time for delivery was responded to within 24Hrs

Overall, I'd be happy to deal again based on my experience.

On the flip side, I've had a couple of issues with a couple of Big Name US companies overcharging shipping etc

Swings and Roundabouts, I suppose.
.................... "Flying Mango"....................
Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

HookiT

Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:53 pm

HLD , The SA site did say currency adjusted for NZ, $14.99 for 5 face shields of your choice.

Still says the same today, only they have removed the free shipping option.
Strange I am the only favored one, having to pay another $14.99 shipping.
Hoping to be as lucky as Steve, lol, would put the job in my favor then.

I guess part of the problem may be in the currency. Again the product is of reasonable quality.

lespresso
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:13 pm

Have you got Skype? It will not cost you much to call. I think it would be worth it; a phone call is worth a thousand emails.
Ocean Kayak Trident 15 (2017)

• Information