Auckland Snapper Challenge May 24th Sunday

The place to post information about fishing competitions and events, both kayak only and general fishing.
Charlie Dailey
Kayak Make: cobra
Kayak Model: Marauder

Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:35 am

Hey Guys , those who are keen to join in for our up coming Auckland Snapper Challenge May 24th Sunday ...Please check out our event web link below for details .....
To enter the comp you can simply just register online ....go to the entry form page and fill in your details and click send to join....

Only NZ$35 to enter ...We have some great prizes thanks to our fantastic support from our sponsors including spot prizes & also mystery prize too for average snapper caught..IoI..

Auction of prizes and snapper caught to help Diabetes NZ Auckland Branch , Prize giving...weigh In... will commence from 12pm to 4pm at the Clevedon Hotel 26 KawaKawa Road...

Hope to see you there ....
Cheers Guys & Good Luck

To register and see details please go to our event webpage :
http://fishmasterkayaks.wix.com/snapperchallenge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
latest snapper challenge poster 2015.jpg
latest snapper challenge poster 2015.jpg (148.2 KiB) Viewed 5097 times

Charlie Dailey

Mon May 04, 2015 11:06 am

Hey Guys , those who are keen to join in for our up coming Auckland Snapper Challenge May 24th Sunday ...Please check out our event web link below for details .....
To enter the comp you can simply just register online ....go to the entry form page and fill in your details and click send to join....

Only NZ$35 to enter ...We have some great prizes thanks to our fantastic support from our sponsors including spot prizes & also mystery prize too for average snapper caught..IoI..

Auction of prizes and snapper caught to help Diabetes NZ Auckland Branch , Prize giving...weigh In... will commence from 12pm to 4pm at the Clevedon Hotel 26 KawaKawa Road...

Hope to see you there ....
Cheers Guys & Good Luck

To register and see details please go to our event webpage :
http://fishmasterkayaks.wix.com/snapperchallenge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
latest snapper challenge poster 2015.jpg
latest snapper challenge poster 2015.jpg (148.2 KiB) Viewed 5047 times

Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Tue May 05, 2015 10:04 am

Here's a great opportunity for those who want to take part in a good local run Auckland comp, I did the one run out Gulf Harbour earlier and it was very well run from the registration on the day through the weigh in to the prize giving (with a free feed!).

Charlie isn't trying to get rich from running these comps but he's trying to set up some north and south Auckland comps run on regular basis for those who don't want to travel the country but still like to take part in a competitive days fishing.

So if this is you then jump on this comp and sign up if we don't support these things then we'll lose them, and an opportunity to support the Diabetes Auckland Branch too!

Could also be a warm up for those doing the Orton comp the weekend after...

Cheers, Mental
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

Charlie Dailey

Wed May 06, 2015 5:20 pm

Thanks Jason

For those who want to join in ..go to the comp website and enter via our entry form page ...very fast and straight forward...we just need a few details,

Our bank details are also attached... Entry fee is only NZ$35...

Guys you can also pay the day before Sat 23rd May ...& bring cash to the The Clevedon Hotel Kawa Kawa Rd...I will be there most of the day ,

We have great prizes , and a great ,chilled venue for our Sunday Prize giving & weigh In....

Thanks for your support...

Here is the link
http://fishmasterkayaks.wix.com/snapper ... form/c24vq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fell free to contact me
Cheers
Charlie
0211 455 932
Reef Kayak Fishing Club Auckland
Last edited by Charlie Dailey on Wed May 06, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BFIST

Wed May 06, 2015 5:54 pm

I can second that the comp was really well run for the last one at gulf harbour.

If I can make the date for this one I will certainly be there, not sure yet. If not I'll make the north auckland one a priority. What are the dates for that?

Charlie Dailey

Wed May 06, 2015 10:24 pm

Hi There..

North Auckland Snapper Challenge late Nov early December hopefully

Leigh to Takapuna boundary

Charlie Dailey

Sat May 09, 2015 9:42 am

Hi Guys

How can you Help support Diabetes NZ Auckland Branch ?...Any Snappers that competitors would like to donate that are caught on the day will be auctioned off before the prize giving ... All proceeds ...however small ..helps & gains awareness of this rapidly growing decease in our community...

Appreciate your support guys

Many Thanks
Charlie Dailey
Reef Kayak Fishing Club
Attachments
email flyer snapper challenge 2015.jpg
email flyer snapper challenge 2015.jpg (102.19 KiB) Viewed 4884 times

Douugie
Kayak Make: Viking Kayak
Kayak Model: Profish 400 lite

Sat May 09, 2015 7:13 pm

Good cause, and excuse to go fishing....how can the wife say noooo :lol:

Charlie Dailey

Fri May 15, 2015 10:31 am

Hi Guys...A wee reminder of the Auckland Snapper Challenge coming up next weekend...Hope to see you there ...IoI
Attachments
Snapper Challenge Flyer - poster New.jpg
Snapper Challenge Flyer - poster New.jpg (110.58 KiB) Viewed 4800 times

Charlie Dailey

Mon May 18, 2015 8:48 am

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Hey guys I took the decision this morning to re schedule our South Auckland Snapper Challenge coming up this Sunday May 24th.
After checking various and most of the time reliable weather charts I feel that South Auckland and it's favorable fishing spots are pretty exposed therefore I am not comfortable with it.
Our Snapper Challenges are designed to have fun on the water as well as competing but I refuse to put any of my competitors at any risk.
For all entrants that have paid they will automatically be placed in our next Auckland Snapper Challenge at the end of the year which will now combine South and North Auckland locations which will offer far more protection from coastline areas in case we face strong winds again in the future.
Feel free to contact me for info of our next comp , it's a shame boys but remember kayak fishing is about having a relaxing day on the water and not getting blown to pieces.
I will keep you updated once we have confirmed the dates and prize giving location...Pretty exciting to combine North and South Auckland as the boundary - East coast only - 2KM offshore limit..Will be interesting to see where all the good snapper are caught..
Tight LInes boys , Always have a buddy or group with you when you hit the water due particularly to unpredictable weather systems over the next 6 months which produce strong wind gusts.
Cheers
Charlie Dailey
Reef Kayak Fishing Club
Attachments
Auckland Wind Map.jpg
Auckland Wind Map.jpg (203.51 KiB) Viewed 4741 times
Weather Orere Point 24th May.jpg
Weather Orere Point 24th May.jpg (87.43 KiB) Viewed 4741 times

Kingfish killer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Mon May 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Good stuff Charlie , safety and having fun seems to be what your comps are all about ! :y:

BFIST

Mon May 18, 2015 9:25 pm

Sounds like a good call.

What is the reason for the 2km limit? Won't that be quite hard to Police with such large boundaries?

Charlie Dailey

Tue May 19, 2015 4:18 pm

Yea your right ..I was gonna move it to within 1KM which is better anyway...even though some guys won't like it ,.....but 1KM is plenty far enough to paddle out to find snapper...as most of the good fishing spots where we are located between Leigh ( North) and Orere Point ( South ) Auckland are pretty close to shore anyway...

Look Forward to seeing you all in the Summer :)...for our biggest Snapper Challenge Yet ..... IoI

BFIST

Tue May 19, 2015 6:37 pm

I was thinking the other way around. What's the point in putting a boundary out there?

If people want to spend their fishing time paddling out to sea instead of fishing the close in spots then good luck to them.
Last edited by BFIST on Tue May 19, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GBC
Kayak Make: ok
Kayak Model: Prowler Ultra 4.3

Tue May 19, 2015 9:17 pm

I wasn't going to be fishing it but as far as the 2 km rule isn't it more than 2 km out to Rangi from NN? ??? Just a question. ...
Alcohol doesnt solve any problems But ..... neither does Milk

Kingfish killer
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Wed May 20, 2015 5:54 pm

Yeah I must say 1km is very restrictive .

Stonecross
Kayak Model: Trident 4.3 Ultra
VHF Call Sign: ZMW3804

Fri May 22, 2015 11:08 am

Kingfish killer wrote:Yeah I must say 1km is very restrictive .
..especially with the forecasted wind ;-)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3 Ultra - ZMW3804

Charlie Dailey

Mon May 25, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi GBC...The reason I put a boundary there mate ( 1-2 KM) is because last time a so called " Experienced Kayaker " best kayak fisherman too apparently ...World No 1 fisherman , went fishing in one my comps ....ignored all our safety rules & paddled far beyond our boundary set for the day ..caught nothing ...but managed to get caught in a head wind ...and get blown half way across to Tiri Tiri in 37Kts winds..

With no protection from any coastline , no communication too...we hunted for him for over 2 hours ...not fun ...and sometimes the wind can change direction ..once your further than 1-2 KM offshore it presents it's own problems ...

My comps are about making the right decisions where/how to fish in the environment that you have been given...The comp is not about taking risks with your lives and others..

Cheers Mate
Charlie

Return to “Competitions and Events”

• Information