Who is the NZKFC?
The NZKFC is the â€œNew Zealand Kayak Fishing Clubâ€, a club that was set up early 2009 to allow its members to become members of the NZACA (New Zealand Angling and Casting Association), primarily to be eligible to fish the NZACA Nationals event. (You have to be a financial member of an associated club).
The NZKFC continued to operate with the sole purpose of making its members eligible to fish the NZACA Nationals event until June 2010 when it was decided that the purpose of the club should be to offer more to its members.
So what does the club offer?
Being an online based club, what the NZKFC has to offer may be a little different to other local fishing clubs, and so for that reason we fully support you being an active member of other clubs.
The Focus of the NZKFC has now shifted slightly, with the intention of offering a more competitive aspect of fishing for its members.
As such we have set up the New Zealand Kayak Sport Fishing Series, which is an online based fishing competition series run throughout the year.
Unlike other fishing comps, you can fish where you want, with who you want, for what ever species you want, on a previously nominated weekend.
Take a pic of your best catch and submit it to the site, where all entries are voted on by other club members to determine points towards the series.
We also offer automatic entry to the NZACA and eligibility to fish the NZACA Nationals fishing event.
Why should I join?
If you are interested in adding a competitive edge to your fishing, at a social or national competition level the NZKFC is for you.
Below are some of the great benefits you will get from joining the NZKFC -
- Automatic entry to the New Zealand Kayak Sport Fishing Series, where you will be able to accumulate points (bragging rights only at this stage, but we are looking to add some great prizes).
- Access to, and your name on the KFNZ Sport fishing series Leader board which will be maintained on the website.
- The ability to fish in many fishing tournaments such as the NZACA Nationals, Taranaki Classic ect, as a Member of the NZ Kayak fishing team.
- Two KFNZ stickers to pimp your Yak.
- A cool club Hat with logo and web address on, Fluro orange with reflective bts so great for Yakking.
- Access to the NZKFC members only section of the KFNZ forum.
- The opportunity to meet other like minded Kayak fishers from around the country.
So whatâ€™s the catch?
As this club is not for profit, we are trying to limit fees and subs to a minimum; however the current cost of joining the club is $40 per year.
This one off cost includes membership to the NZACA as well as the NZKFC.
Where do I sign?
Please follow the link to the membership application form.
http://www.kayakfishingnz.com/forum/vie ... =36&t=2523
The New Zealand Kayak Fishing Club forum for club and member discussions
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- kayak chris
- Posts: 4440
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:07 pm
- Kayak Make: ocean Kayak
- Kayak Model: Prowler Ultra
- VHF Call Sign: ZMT8810
- Location: Ellerslie, Auckland
Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.7, Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.3, Tahe Greenlander T, Mission Eco Bezhig, Perception Expedition, Bliss-Stick Flip Stick
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing team member,
Come visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;