Battered and Fried

For the discussion of how you cook your catch, post your favorite recipes in here for all to try
Mr Plow

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:28 am

What are your techniques and recipes for battering and frying?

The current one I use is this one which I've had great success with (I don't add paprika). It's pretty simple and easy though you do end up breading your hands.

I've spied an awesome looking recipe in this cookbook I have at home but have yet to try, the results look really lacy and crunchy. It uses a lot of vodka though, will get some for next time.

This is the result from my last cook using the above linked recipe:
Fish2.jpg

AndrewRawlingson

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:11 pm

that looks bloody amazing! we don't do a lot of battered fish, mainly just the standard flour-egg-breadcrumb routine, but when i do batter it, i like to use a good dark beer. leffe beer is my favourite, but quite expensive. on the plus side, you don't need too much for cooking and you can drink the rest :beer:

Schecter
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish EVO IV
VHF Call Sign: ZMW8098

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:12 am

Marco Pierre white does a mean fish batter. You could YouTube his recipe. Although he adds vinegar to his fish at the end which seems strange me.
Viking Tempo
Viking Profish 440

PB: Snapper=79cm. Rogers Road, 26/10/14

PB: Gurnard=34cm. Orere Point, 17/06/15

PB: Kingfish=75cm. Omaio, 13/02/16

Manurewa Marlins RLFC. The Home of Joe Galuvao, Henry Fa'afili, Greg Eastwood, Daniel O'Regan, Jesse Bromwich,
Kenny Bromwich, Peter Hiku, Ligi Sao, Siliva Havili.

• Information