Lowrance Transducer Kayak Scupper Mount

Discuss anything electronic or electrical, lights, sounders, GPS etc..
axer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: P13

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Lowrance Transducer Kayak Scupper Mount are these able to be used in the transducer mold thingey to hold the transducer in there for the prower 13 ??? or does the makers of prowers have such a thing to do this ??

Cheers axer

N2Y
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8335

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:13 pm

You could use it but...

Due to the size of the P13 transducer scupper the Lowrance transducer does not fit straight in.

You would need to trim the 'fin' off the transducer (couple of pics from another thread):

Then drill and tap a hole (or drill and glue in a brass insert) to take the threaded rod that comes in the kit (M5):

Should be straight forward from there.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.
PB's: Snapper 26.2lb :whew: ; Kawhai 3lb :?: ; Kingfish 25lb 8) ; Trevally 9.5lb :rock: ; John Dory 2lb? :lol: ; Gurnard 35cm :P

axer

Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:57 am

Hey N2Y,

do u have the link for that topic please ??

Cheers Axer :beer:

N2Y
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8335

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:34 am

Here's one: http://www.kayakfishingnz.com/forum/vie ... ilit=Eagle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's another (the transducer trimming would be the same for you but could then use the kit): http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/vi ... 61342.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And another: http://www.kayakfishingnz.com/forum/vie ... 4&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck.

Cheers.
PB's: Snapper 26.2lb :whew: ; Kawhai 3lb :?: ; Kingfish 25lb 8) ; Trevally 9.5lb :rock: ; John Dory 2lb? :lol: ; Gurnard 35cm :P

axer

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Afew questions for u N2Y,

What is the gunk aromd the puck in the photo?? and do u realy need glue around the puck ???

and what size s/s would i need to use ???

Thanks Axer :wasntme:

nylg1
Kayak Make: Ocean
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.5

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:06 pm

axer wrote:Afew questions for u N2Y,

What is the gunk aromd the puck in the photo?? and do u realy need glue around the puck ???

and what size s/s would i need to use ???

Thanks Axer :wasntme:
Hi there axer those couple of pic N2Y has put up are of a couple of transducers I did to suit my 4.5 the "gunk" is two pot urethane but there is quite a few options you can use, I used to pot silicon on my last install which worked well .. The only reason it is used is to make sure the transducer doesn't move
The s/s rod in the pic is M6 but M5 would be fine all it does is stop it falling down in the scupper

• Information