garmin FF combo

Discuss anything electronic or electrical, lights, sounders, GPS etc..
Dreadfish
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler elite 4.5

Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:48 pm

I have decided to upgrade my ff to either a garmin 557xs or a garmin echomap55dv. apart from some very small differences they appear almost identical. can anyone tell me what the difference is?
i also see that there is a 557xs in the for sale section but have been bitten by the secondhand Ff before so a little loathe to travel that path again.
Stealth Evolution 495
OK Prowler Elite 4.5
OK Scupper Pro

sk8e8
Kayak Make: Extreme
Kayak Model: Game King

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:35 pm

Dreadfish wrote:I have decided to upgrade my ff to either a garmin 557xs or a garmin . apart from some very small differences they appear almost identical. can anyone tell me what the difference is?
i also see that there is a 557xs in the for sale section but have been bitten by the secondhand Ff before so a little loathe to travel that path again.
The one for sale is mine. I'm happy for you to come and check it out before you commit, and see it working etc.
I do understand the worry about buying second hand, so if there is anything else I can do to put your mind at ease, let me know.

Other than the specs, I can't comment on the difference as I've never used the echomap. I am upgrading to another Garmin though, I really love the quickdraw functionality especially.
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Extreme 605
Yamaha FXHO * Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420

• Information