The Hibiscus Kayak Fishing Club forum for club and member discussions
Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:08 pm

Folks

just a quick update on the nationals. Team Hibiscus Kayak Fishing Club (Greg Theunissen and Stephen Tapp) are the national champions in the mens team boat division and also the kayak subdivision. I am personally runner up in the individual mens boat division and kayak subdivision.
Who was the winner? Our very own Derrick Paul fished in the kayak division for the NSSCC. He obviously used all the skills learned while fishing with us to win the mens individual championship in the overall boat division as well as the kayak subdivision. Well done Derrick.
And wait theres more, I stand to be corrected here but Peter Michael won the mens Shore division I think, and Ails won the womans shore division. They also took out the team shore division along with two other members, Ted Audain and his grandson?
We stayed with the NSSCC who were wonderful in their hospitality. Nice to be such good friends with a fellow angling club. Lots of thanks to Stephen Tapp and Shamus who tirelessly put up with our questions and ribbing, they are both top guys.
I think this event should becoma one of our clubs major events as it is really great to see lots of fishermen in their club colours getting on with each other in such a great event.
More later....

Regards

Greg
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

Nakiman
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 440

Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Yes - well done Derrik, great fish. Pity you were only left with the tooth of the big one.
Great to meet up with some of you guys at Fletchers Bay

Didn't land anything decent myself, but put lots of fish back. Was quite keen to hook up to an XXXOS kingy, but alas after searching the west coast, the east coast and the very top I only managed to land a 65 / 70cm rat
Wondaboy managed a nice 10lb snapper that he returned to the clear blue water.

Cheers

NM

PB's off yak-snapper 25.29lb, shark 210cm, stingray 130cm, trevally 3.5kg, octopus 110cm, blue cod 1.1kg, Kahawai 3.35kg, gurnard 1.12 kg, crayfish 3.5kg, kingi 9.6kg, 5.2kg tuna, 1.1 kg terakihi, squid 800, JD 500m

Danfili
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 440 Evo IV
VHF Call Sign: ZMT6439

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:29 pm

Whats involved with the NZACA eg to enter , well done Derrick and Team Hibiscus Kayak Fishing Club
Kayak Fishing You Hooked Yet

Viking Profish 440 Evo IV
VHF ZMT6439
https://www.facebook.com/LLKFT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Hibiscus Kayak Fishing Club”

• Information