NKFC club trip to Urquharts Bay 27/10

The Northland Kayak Fishing Club Inc forum for club and member discussions
GHOST RIDER
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: RELOAD

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi all

The next Club trip is to Urquharts Bay 27/10 and with daylight savings in full swing we are back to our 6am launch time and back in by 1pm .

You still can launch 7am also if it works better for you .

Sorry guys i cant make this one as ill be up north so if anyone would like to be club coordinator for this trip please let me know and tight lines and have fun .

Cheers
Jason
Profish RELOAD
KARMA as i fish out of a kayak i don't eat shark

graham99
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: prowler elite 4.1
VHF Call Sign: none

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:08 pm

have to work so the fishing should be good

YakFisho Snapps
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 495,BFS..
VHF Call Sign: Yakfisho Snapps

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:13 pm

Think this trip may be cancelled dude |( ..Club president not saying much on whats happening!

GHOST RIDER

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:17 pm

YakFisho Snapps wrote:Think this trip may be cancelled dude |( ..Club president not saying much on whats happening!
not cancelled but every ones going north for the long weekend ;)
Profish RELOAD

YakFisho Snapps

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:25 pm

So club trips still on as usual launch time,return and prizes e.t.c!

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:30 pm

Whos the coordinator out of interest? Had someone in the shop asking today and had no idea |(
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://www.northlandangler.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

GHOST RIDER

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:34 pm

YakFisho Snapps wrote:So club trips still on as usual launch time,return and prizes e.t.c!
got no coordinator for this trip so no prizes e.t.c just a meet up and fish if anyone wants to go as im up north and had no reply's so don't think anyone is going
Profish RELOAD

YakFisho Snapps

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:50 pm

Would you agree bro it's best to call it cancelled for safety reasons no co ordinators e.t.c than having the NKFC affiliated if something goes wrong for a sunday fish!

Yakfisherkarl
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish
VHF Call Sign: ZMT 2691

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:07 pm

YakFisho Snapps wrote:Think this trip may be cancelled dude |( ..Club president not saying much on whats happening!
"DUDE" -(YakFisho Snapps) and others! Do you think it is down to the club president to say it's on or of (except for safety calls) when we have a club captain who does a great job of notifying people about club trips and asks them to respond to him so he knows what the numbers may be?
If there are no reply postings to either forum or FB notifications, it does not take a rocket scientist to work out that there are no takers for a trip! Come on guys, we all talk either on here, by phone and text and many (many more) via our local tackle/equipment shops (or should they be called whaling walls :lol: :lol: :lol:)

The Whatuwhiwhi trip in November has stirred a few people up into actually responding as accommodation is getting booked out quickly. Some have booked family cabin(s) and 3 of us (so far) are in one 6 bunk cabin (3 spaces left).
If you would like to be on the trip and need accommodation, either respond to this posting now, or book your own room(s) at the top ten.
Cheers
Karl

Yakfisherkarl

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:10 pm

YakFisho Snapps wrote:So club trips still on as usual launch time,return and prizes e.t.c!
Dude you ask the question at 10.25pm pn the Friday night!!!

Yakfisherkarl

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:13 pm

MadMike wrote:Whos the coordinator out of interest? Had someone in the shop asking today and had no idea |(
Hey Mike was it the same guy looking for his reel for the Sunday trip that has sent a few texts to you??? LOL
Was it a paid up club member or someone standing on the sidelines? You know it does not take much to either make a phone call or send a text message to someone to actually ask a question about a trip, nah why bother just pop on to the forum and have bitch, or try to slag someone or something down. YOU GUYS, HONESTLY

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:59 am

Seriously? A: my cell phone was flat (as in dead flat with no go go at all), it is also my personal phone not my work phone so when I'm busy I pay no attention to it ... B: had you come down you would have seen how busy I was... C: Get off your high horse little man.

I wasn't bitching I merely asked who the coordinator was, but that's cool I wont bother in the future.
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://www.northlandangler.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

big blue
Kayak Make: stealth
Kayak Model: bfs

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:52 am

I was one of the people that was asking about the trip......I have been wanting to join but have been busy with work, sorry im on the sideline, makes it sound like a very friendly club. you put a trip on the forum and nothing else...........

now a proud STEALTH bfs owner........

YakFisho Snapps

Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Yakfisherkarl wrote:
Dude you ask the question at 10.25pm pn the Friday night!!!
Yo "Yakfisherkarl" i couldn't give a farq wot times i ask questions regarding safety!
I remember a fair while ago up at tauranga bay where there was a yakker on a club trip out on the water all day with no communication!where are they!no one knew, are they still alive!.. yea we guess, they can swim well!!
Nice to see MadMike from top catch Whangarei donate a vhf for this purpose for safety after this incident..
All i was asking was for safety reasons regarding this club trip for everyone wanting to go!sorry for asking will know in the future dude..
Like MadMike said get off your high horse mate :y: ...

Yakfisherkarl

Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:51 pm

Mannie as per Wet Ass posts, no one contacted him to say they were going on the trip so there's no official NKFC trip to Urquharts Sunday-PERIOD. What he meant was people can and still will go out and do their own thing, they may or may not have any form of comms and we cannot police that and neither will the club be responsible for them.

No high horse mate, just that it would be good to see people making positive contributions to the club as opposed to negative comments. I'm not going to say anymore on the matter here, as forum history has shown that these things can go on and go on without achieving anything. If you or anyone else wants to discuss this face to face, I'd be happy to do so.

YakFisho Snapps

Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Thanks for clearing that question Karl :y:..

Return to “Northland Kayak Fishing Club Inc”

• Information