Rob Fort Evening

The Northland Kayak Fishing Club Inc forum for club and member discussions
Yakfisherkarl
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish
VHF Call Sign: ZMT 2691

Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi Everyone
I have just heard back from Paul McIvor at Johnson Outdoors (Ocean Kayak NZ), that Rob will deliver a presentation to us on Saturday 7th Sept and both will join us for a club fishing trip on the Sunday morning.

Are there any specific areas that you would like Rob to cover, like, Jigging, diving from a kayak, the Chatham Islands, or anything else you would like to be presented. Suggestions so far range from "anything that makes me catch fish to better understanding of fish finders and setting them up"
It's your night ladies and gents, so please give me your feedback.
It is free for NKFC members, but a small door charge of $7 will apply to non club members (all proceeds to Coastguard Whangarei).

Cheers
Karl

Karl Pereira
President and Vice Treasurer
Northland Kayak Fishing Club Inc

COWKILLER
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: ultra 4.3 camo

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:56 pm

I'm in for this one

Ocean Kayak 4.3 and yes another member of team camo

lenzman
Kayak Model: Reload

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:18 am

Mechanical or speed jigging from a kayak is much more difficult from the kayak than it is from a standing position on a boat. Maybe Rob could talk about gear, technique a keeping safe with these heavy duty string pullers on the Yak
If I'm not fishing I'm taking photographs, if I'm not taking photographs I'm fishing!!

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:35 am

Some cosmetic advice on how rob stays looking so pretty on the Kayak :D
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://www.northlandangler.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

sk8e8
Kayak Make: Profish
Kayak Model: 400

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:44 pm

lenzman wrote:Mechanical or speed jigging from a kayak is much more difficult from the kayak than it is from a standing position on a boat.
x2. But still fun :)

How is it off the pinny?
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Yamaha FXHO
Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420

lenzman
Kayak Model: Reload

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:49 pm

sk8e8 wrote:
lenzman wrote:Mechanical or speed jigging from a kayak is much more difficult from the kayak than it is from a standing position on a boat.
x2. But still fun :)

How is it off the pinny?
I have only had one session fishing from the pinny sk8e8 so not tried the jigging yet. Stability isn't a problem though so should be all good.
If I'm not fishing I'm taking photographs, if I'm not taking photographs I'm fishing!!

Yakfisherkarl

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:21 pm

Yet Another Seminar not to be missed!
Rob Fort evening (in conjunction with Ocean Kayak/Johnson Outdoors) Saturday 7th September, 7pm in the function rooms of the Grand Hotel, Bank St Whangarei. Rob will be conducting a presentation on topics that members said they would like to hear about, namely:-
• Fish finder and chart plotters - This will cover setting up on the kayak plus first time use before taking out on the water. Then how to read screen returns from sonar, down imaging and side imaging including identifying fish species. The audience will get to sample his many examples of screen shots taken during fishing all over the country.
• Kingfish – How to target these hard fighting pelagic predators using various techniques including mechanical jigging and live baits. Includes a video presentation.
• Fishing techniques – Mechanical jigging from the kayak. Other aspects on general fishing that focus on various aspects like softbaits, inchiku lures, slow jigs and smaller size jig use. Fundamental fishing techniques that are often overlooked even by beginning anglers and experienced who have developed lazy styles.
• Techniques that can be utilised to better effect from the stealthy kayak.
• Q and A session to finish.

Please do not just turn up on the night as I need to get a head count before hand in order to sort the seating out and determine if we should have the side bar open.
Would you please email me with your contact details to northlandyakfishers@gmail.com to confirm that you will be attending (no maybe’s or will not’s please). Same as always, the presentation/seminar is free to club members but there will be a door charge of $7 to non-members, with all proceeds going to the Whangarei Coastguard.
Rob, and Paul McIvor from Ocean Kayak/Johnson Outdoors, will also be joining us on our club fishing trip the next day (Sunday 8th Septemeber) which will be to Bland Bay. This will be a good chance for you all to take in what Rob has said the night before and put into practice the next day, whilst he is with us on the water. If you pray to the weather gods now for a sunny day, I’ll crank out both the club BBQ and Gazebo! Anyone got any spare venison sausages or even eye fillets for our guests??? :lol:

The $60 FCO voucher will be up for Grabs to the club member who lands the heaviest table fish for the day and I'm also going to raffle an additional Scotty product for members, so that's just under $200 worth of prizes on the day :y: :y:

Karl Pereira
President and Vice Treasurer
Northland Kayak Fishing Club Inc
http://www.northlandyakfishers.org.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Facebook page - Northland Kayak Fishing Club Inc
Email northlandyakfishers@gmail.com

GHOST RIDER
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: RELOAD

Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:28 pm

ill be there with bells on :y: :y:
Profish RELOAD
KARMA as i fish out of a kayak i don't eat shark

Yakfisherkarl

Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:45 pm

GHOST RIDER wrote:ill be there with bells on :y: :y:
A Ghost rider with bells on-spooky.

I'll let you of Mr GR (formerly known as Wet Ass) for not sending an email to the requested email address, as you are club captain :lol: :lol:

Anyone else, please just send an email so I can put it in a folder in case I miss your posting either here or on another site/FB page.

Now, Shark Rider, I mean Ghost Rider, can me, my yak, bbq gazebo and other S--- (Stuff) have a lift to Bland Bay please on the day? :beer: :^: and sausage(s)

GHOST RIDER
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: RELOAD

Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:39 pm

Yakfisherkarl wrote:
GHOST RIDER wrote:ill be there with bells on :y: :y:
A Ghost rider with bells on-spooky.

I'll let you of Mr GR (formerly known as Wet Ass) for not sending an email to the requested email address, as you are club captain :lol: :lol:

Anyone else, please just send an email so I can put it in a folder in case I miss your posting either here or on another site/FB page.

Now, Shark Rider, I mean Ghost Rider, can me, my yak, bbq gazebo and other S--- (Stuff) have a lift to Bland Bay please on the day? :beer: :^: and sausage(s)
yep no sweet mate :y:
Profish RELOAD
KARMA as i fish out of a kayak i don't eat shark

Yakfisherkarl

Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:52 pm

yep no sweet mate :y:[/quote]

What you don't want the cake!!! :rofl: :rofl:

STRAY DOG
Kayak Make: OCEAN KAYAK,viking
Kayak Model: PROWLER4.3,4.1 ,pro fish 440
VHF Call Sign: stray dog

Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:59 pm

Sweet I too should be able to make this one :rock: :y:

Yakfisherkarl

Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:06 pm

STRAY DOG wrote:Sweet I too should be able to make this one :rock: :y:
I bet stray dog emails northlandyakfishers@gmail.com any minute now to :lol: :lol:

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:38 pm

Wont be able to make it, its my boys birthday so maybe a bit later on if at all :(
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://www.northlandangler.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

Yakfisherkarl

Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:24 pm

MadMike wrote:Wont be able to make it, its my boys birthday so maybe a bit later on if at all :(
WHAT!!! Nice wind up Mike-thanks :lol:

Team Cruzier Crew
VHF Call Sign: Cruzier Crew

Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:50 pm

Yes we able to make it :rock: , looking foward to this a couple of us will be making it but will email northlandyakfishers@gmail.com before we get quoted as well :P..
NORTHLAND PROUD SYNIT ROD BENDERS AND ACCURATE REEL SCREAMERS...
KAYAK RIDES:TOO MANY TOO LIST..
HUGE THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS :-)..

Yakfisherkarl

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:13 am

Team Cruzier Crew wrote:Yes we able to make it :rock: , looking foward to this a couple of us will be making it but will email northlandyakfishers@gmail.com before we get quoted as well :P..
Kool and that's a nice Avatar mate :lol: I like it!!!

COWKILLER
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: ultra 4.3 camo

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:40 pm

Hey Karl what's the go with the tags?

Ocean Kayak 4.3 and yes another member of team camo

Yakfisherkarl

Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:23 pm

COWKILLER wrote:Hey Karl what's the go with the tags?
As per the last newsletter mate!

Will also have them on the next club trip and seminar night if I remember :lol:

Yakfisherkarl

Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:29 pm

LAST CALL FOR THE ROB FORT SEMINAR

Guys if you are attending and have not yet emailed me to confirm (northlandyakfishers@gmail.com) can you please do so now as I intend to close things of tomorrow night and see where we are at.

Cheers
Karl

Return to “Northland Kayak Fishing Club Inc”

• Information