NKFC Trip to Wellingtons Bay (Tutukaka) Sunday 28th April 2013

The Northland Kayak Fishing Club Inc forum for club and member discussions
Yakfisherkarl
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish
VHF Call Sign: ZMT 2691

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi everyone and sorry for cross posting!

Owing to a few changes to the next club trip, Jason our club captain has suggested that I convey and explain the reasons why to you.

First of all I know that a number of you will be competing in the East Cape Fishing Challenge that weekend and from myself and the rest of committee, have a great time, win lots and stay safe!

It’s a real shame that you cannot be around for this club trip, as we need help and assistance from as many club members as possible owing to the fact that the trip is now turning out to be one of significant importance to the club, kayak fishing and Northland!

On that Sunday, the club will be host to 16 “officials” from China who would like to join us on our trip and fish/paddle alongside us, with a film crew in tow. There will be some 20/25 personnel in their party (16 kayak fishing) and one of which is the Secretary of the Anglers association of China that has a membership of 91 million people, yes folks 91 million people. God that's alot of stamps to lick at renewal time :lol:

Owing to the potential logistics nightmare of this trip, committee have approached Mark Garry who owns and runs a kayak tour/fishing/instructional business in order for him to provide equipment and qualified personnel as necessary for the day and to enter into any commercial agreement if necessary directly with the group and associates, not our club.

We as a club however will be ambassadors on the day and welcome the opportunity to paddle and fish alongside our friends from overseas (who will not be eligible to win the FCO voucher being non NKFC members, we will however have a plan that includes a Koha).

FCO are coming to the party with a 3M Sq Gazebo, BBQ, some tables and chairs and some manpower. We will also have, the newly acquired Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.3 courtesy of Top Catch Whangarei and the Profish 440 as sponsored by Viking Kayaks and Maggie Dixon Real Estate Ltd.
I have yet to discuss this trip with one of our other local sponsors who may also be able to assist us.

All of this is of course dependant on the weather and if the seas get up, it will either be cancelled or moved to another location close by.
The plan is to arrive at 0700hrs and set up on shore, with whatever help we have to hand. Mark and his team will also arrive and our guests will arrive between 0800hrs and 0900hrs. All back on the beach by mid-day for a BBQ lunch, presentations and photo shoot.
All of your family (immediate!) are invited to attend say from 1100hrs onwards.
Updates will be posted accordingly.
Could you please let me know (or Jason) by return if you are able to join us on that Sunday, help out if needed and of course have a fish. Please ONLY CONFIRM IF YOU WILL BE ATTENDING/HELPING, NO MAYBY’S PLEASE! FCO are on board for 2013/14 as sponsors and therefor the $60 voucher will be up for grabs each trip for the rest of the year-Thanks again FCO
Cheers
Karl
Karl Pereira
President and Vice Treasurer
Northland Kayak Fishing Club Inc

Facebook page - Nkfc NZ
Website http://www.northlandyakfishers.org.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

STRAY DOG
Kayak Make: OCEAN KAYAK,viking
Kayak Model: PROWLER4.3,4.1 ,pro fish 440
VHF Call Sign: stray dog

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:26 am

This sounds like a great day in the making 8) bugger sorry as I will be un able to do this one :headbang: as doing the east cape :rock: have a great day guys and ladies :y:

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:12 am

^^ Dito what he said... Looks like a fantastic chance to get things rolling big time.

Good luck Karl and have a great trip.
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://www.northlandangler.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

YakFisho Snapps
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 495,BFS..
VHF Call Sign: Yakfisho Snapps

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:46 pm

Was gonna reply earlier this morn but had to make 100% sure i had a pass as it's my son's Birthday.. All good pass granted, So i'll be there Karl to help out e.t.c :rock:..

Thanks again to FCO for supporting our Club and staying on as sponsors for the 2013/14 season :y:...

Yakfisherkarl

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:59 pm

YakFisho Snapps wrote:Was gonna reply earlier this morn but had to make 100% sure i had a pass as it's my son's Birthday.. All good pass granted, So i'll be there Karl to help out e.t.c :rock:..

Thanks again to FCO for supporting our Club and staying on as sponsors for the 2013/14 season :y:...
Cheers Mannie :y:

I will post updates if anything changes or if there is further news.

Cheers
Karl

Yakfisherkarl

Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:07 pm

MadMike wrote:^^ Dito what he said... Looks like a fantastic chance to get things rolling big time.

Good luck Karl and have a great trip.
Thanks Mike, I'm fortunate to have a good positive committee and a bunch of great club members that have offered to help and assist where they can, not to mention the support from our sponsors. Does anyone have a portable 25Watt VHF mains set that I can borrow for the day? Would like a bit more watts on the shore as a comms back up.

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:51 am

Sorry not from my end. mine attached to the boat and my spare unit Im not sure its working... perhaps this is something we should consider as a full time requirement for the club Karl? its a damn good idea
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://www.northlandangler.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

Yakfisherkarl

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:17 am

MadMike wrote:Sorry not from my end. mine attached to the boat and my spare unit Im not sure its working... perhaps this is something we should consider as a full time requirement for the club Karl? its a damn good idea

I've been thinking about it for a long time now, only thing is you have to have a bod on the beach full time unless used/needed when back on shore, but a couple of members already have long range VHF

lenzman
Kayak Model: Reload

Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:26 pm

Yakfisherkarl wrote:
MadMike wrote:Sorry not from my end. mine attached to the boat and my spare unit Im not sure its working... perhaps this is something we should consider as a full time requirement for the club Karl? its a damn good idea

I've been thinking about it for a long time now, only thing is you have to have a bod on the beach full time unless used/needed when back on shore, but a couple of members already have long range VHF
Did I read that as your volunteering to stay on the beach each trip :P

Sorry I can't be there, Like a few others I am doing the East cape comp. Great work Karl and the rest of the team, best of luck with it all it sounds like a really great day for the club :y:
If I'm not fishing I'm taking photographs, if I'm not taking photographs I'm fishing!!

Yakfisherkarl

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:04 pm

lenzman wrote:
Yakfisherkarl wrote:

Did I read that as your volunteering to stay on the beach each trip :P

Sorry I can't be there, Like a few others I am doing the East cape comp. Great work Karl and the rest of the team, best of luck with it all it sounds like a really great day for the club :y:

Cheers Ron and all the best for the ECC. Got a good committee team and awesome sponsors behind us. Still however waiting to get one other local sponsor confirmed, in line with current committee protocol requests. If not we will be running with what we have which is all good anyway.
Cheers
Karl

YakFisho Snapps

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:30 pm

I'll keep an eye out for any yakkers out wide Boss with my binoculairs :P :y:....

Yakfisherkarl

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:36 pm

YakFisho Snapps wrote:I'll keep an eye out for any yakkers out wide Boss :P :y:....
Cheers but me not da Boss on da water! Mark is our man, being qualified in relevant areas such as instruction and guide work :y:
Cheers
Karl

YakFisho Snapps

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:45 pm

Yakfisherkarl wrote:
YakFisho Snapps wrote:I'll keep an eye out for any yakkers out wide Boss :P :y:....
Cheers but me not da Boss on da water! Mark is our man, being qualified in relevant areas such as instruction and guide work :y:
Cheers
Karl
All good Karl :y:...

YakFisho Snapps

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Theres more of the CruzierCrew coming for this one tomorrow catch you fullas on the water, Winds died right out tonight which should make conditions tomorrow a perla :y:....

Yakfisherkarl

Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:10 pm

YakFisho Snapps wrote:Theres more of the CruzierCrew coming for this one tomorrow catch you fullas on the water, Winds died right out tonight which should make conditions tomorrow a perla :y:....

Cool mate but we have a limited amount of food now for those that booked in earlier. Been a mission getting things sorted, so if you can bring some extras (food for BBQ) for any non NKFC members, that would be good mate.

See you out there :y:

Cheers
Karl

YakFisho Snapps

Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:17 pm

All good, But we will be away after weigh in :)...

Yakfisherkarl

Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:25 pm

YakFisho Snapps wrote:All good, But we will be away after weigh in :)...
OK mate, but this is a social thing with our fishing friends from China.

For your info we will have 2 boats on the water for safety, phot and assistance cover. I will be in my yak for an hour or two then in "Destinations" to get some phot stuf done. CH8 as normal.
Cheers
Karl

YakFisho Snapps

Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:37 pm

All good see you tomorrow, But have never been informed threw emails as to whats going on :)...

Yakfisherkarl

Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:44 pm

YakFisho Snapps wrote:All good see you tomorrow, But have never been informed threw emails as to whats going on :)...
Sweet as, but you know what's going on through this thread right???!!!???
Please advise our treasurer tomorrow of your email address so we can make sure the correct one is logged.
Cheers
Karl
Off to bed now as all the stuff is now done!!!

YakFisho Snapps

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:08 pm

2 boats on the water is all an update news to me :)..Catch you tomorrow,He has my cell ph number as well nothing mentioned :)..
Cheers YFS :y:

Return to “Northland Kayak Fishing Club Inc”

• Information