GYM + KAYAKING

The EAKFC forum for club and member discussions
Post Reply
User avatar
YasserYakker
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 1:38 pm
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5863
Location: Auckland

Wed May 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi all,

Anyone keen to hit the gym to improve their kayaking skills ?? ;)
"You can only do so much preparation, because most of the time fishing is all about Luck"
PB on Kayak snapper 52-53cm, On boat snapper 10LB

Viking Profish 400...ZMW5863

User avatar
sk8e8
Posts: 5241
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:13 am
Kayak Make: Extreme
Kayak Model: Game King
Location: South Auckland

Wed May 22, 2013 5:38 pm

YasserYakker wrote:Hi all,

Anyone keen to hit the gym to improve their kayaking skills ?? ;)
Sorry, you couldn't pay me to go to the gym... :puke:
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Extreme 605
Yamaha FXHO * Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420

User avatar
Hairy Little Dwarf
Moderator
Posts: 6979
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:39 am
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Wed May 22, 2013 5:43 pm

sk8e8 wrote:
YasserYakker wrote:Hi all,

Anyone keen to hit the gym to improve their kayaking skills ?? ;)
Sorry, you couldn't pay me to go to the gym... :puke:
I went to a gym once, see about getting into this fitness lark. Seemed to be filled with people who don't need to go to the gym. Didn't see any bodyfat anywhere.

It was a bit like those westerns where the piano and all the chat stops as the baddy walks into the saloon.

I still have a six pack, it's just that the plastic rings have broken.
Image
.................... "Flying Mango".......... [Up for sale, $1400]

Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

User avatar
YasserYakker
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 1:38 pm
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5863
Location: Auckland

Wed May 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Hairy Little Dwarf wrote:
sk8e8 wrote:
YasserYakker wrote:Hi all,

Anyone keen to hit the gym to improve their kayaking skills ?? ;)
Sorry, you couldn't pay me to go to the gym... :puke:
I went to a gym once, see about getting into this fitness lark. Seemed to be filled with people who don't need to go to the gym. Didn't see any bodyfat anywhere.

It was a bit like those westerns where the piano and all the chat stops as the baddy walks into the saloon.

I still have a six pack, it's just that the plastic rings have broken.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"You can only do so much preparation, because most of the time fishing is all about Luck"
PB on Kayak snapper 52-53cm, On boat snapper 10LB

Viking Profish 400...ZMW5863

User avatar
BigDave
Posts: 722
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:16 pm
Kayak Make: Wavewalk
Kayak Model: W500
VHF Call Sign: zmw5526
Location: Auckland

Wed May 29, 2013 8:56 pm

I used to have a 6pack, many many many moons ago, these days I seem to prefer the noble keg, or in more recent times a wine barrel.

And yeah, the act of working out on those machines is so that you can build up the strength and stamina to... workout more on those machines.

Thats what they dont tell you when you sign up, its a vicious cycle. For shame.
WaveWalk W500
ZMW5526
Image
Yak PB's: Snapper 44cm @ Howick. JD 36cm Sullivans.

Oh, and remember to radio me if you find yourself in a workup.

Post Reply

Return to “East Auckland Kayak Fishing Club”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest