North Shore based club?

We are offering to host your club forum for you for free, just make a post and we'll get it set up.
TheBronxIsBurning

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:27 am

I will be there unless something child related prevents it.

Fishninja
Kayak Make: Oceankayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.5

Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:01 pm

I got another angle for consideration - affilliating with hibiscus coast. I found a gent at work who fishes the same water as we do but extends further north - which isnt a problem for us based in the northern east coast bays.

He is heavily involved with hibscus coast KFC and sounds like he knows what he is doing with soft baits......(he reckons he can guarrantee to teach anyone how to catch a fish with soft baits :inlove: ).

Thats another conversation I am going to keep going

snap fisha
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: profish 400

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:48 pm

sounds good keep me imformed :y: :y:
snap fish 101 paddles a viking 400

Fishninja

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:36 am

Hi folks browns bay boating club did discuss the possibility of being associated with a north shore based club. They are receptive to the idea but it really depends on what the kayak club is intending...e g they can't store kayaks but would be happy to involve the club in other activities like their "fireside chats." One of these is coming up Wednesday. I will send out the invite in a separate post.

My idea is that after the talk we grab a bevvie :beer: and have a quick intro session maybe plan the next steps. Again if anyone has any better idea please jump in
:y:

TheBronxIsBurning

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:18 am

I think that's a great idea. See you all Wednesday.

Fishninja

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi folks ......4 prospects attended the browns bay session at fish city last night - for me it was great meeting up with you. The session didnt follow the published agenda but there was a session on outboard maintenance which was real valuable to me in one of my other lives and a great session on fishing techniques from justin at fish city - fascinating and just shows what a narrow window of the many fishing techniques I operate in.....he had kingfish gear which cost 3k - the rod which caught my 2 last fish cost $25 from the bait station - I cant believe what a miserable bugger I am

Anyway .... lots of feedback re the club during and since the session. I personally dont think it has "critical mass" in terms of forming a formal club but I think its well worth while setting up an environment where we can make it known to the public that we do exist and arrange events and share ideas.

So following the meeting what I have done is ....

1/ Set up a registration page in google docs at the following link.... https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ams ... 5CL2o/edit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .... if you are interested in the "club" just go in and edit adding your details.
2/ Created a web page in sportsground - Their webmaster needs to approve before we can publish but thats underway
3/ I was exchanging PM's with yakfisha who is going to get a facebook group up and running and will talk to mental to get a club forum section going...

Like I said I am happy to help and will do what I can to keep things moving - what I may not have is as much time to go on major expeditions as some of you may have as I have sailing club commitments during the summer. Once we get the web page and facebook collaboration going we should just be able to organise events whenever someone feels the itch.

Right now my itch is to get a kahawai out of the smoker - I should take a foto

See ya soon

nzimp
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 495

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:59 pm

Good luck with the club. When you are ready feel free to contact us re a meet/friendly comp with the Waikato boys. We don't need much of an excuse.
Simple is as simple does.
http://www.wkfc.org.nz

Stealth EVO 495
Viking 2+1
Prowler 4.7 (back in the fleet)

salty yakker
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayaks
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.3

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:52 pm

Got the facebook group up and running http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/NSKFC/ :rock:
nzimp wrote:Good luck with the club. When you are ready feel free to contact us re a meet/friendly comp with the Waikato boys. We don't need much of an excuse.
Cheers rawiri yeah will look at a friendly comp a bit further down the track :clap:
Ocean Kayak ULTRA 4.3
http://www.nskfc.org.nz

• Information