Anyone get out for a fish today??

Wellington region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
CoolBoy

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:47 am

beautiful day for it.. I found myself gazing out the office window for much of the day yesterday :?:

nice haul too. I've been eating red cod fish cakes all week :y: no better fish for them.

Lets hope the forecast windy weekend is a bit slow getting here.. if the forecast remains the same I'll be out first thing saturday morning.

How was your 'meeting'?

Hunt&gather
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400 Lite

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:03 am

Meeting was uneventful due to keenness to get fishing. We have roughly 24 hours of driving to the coro and back in a couple of weeks so that will give us plenty of time to discuss.

The weather forecast is a bit all over the show so glad we got out.
Viking Profish 400 Lite
Viking Profish 440 Evo IV
The mothership - Surtees 5.5 Hardtop 115 Zuki 4 stroke

CoolBoy

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:51 am

I just noticed that swellmap and metservice both have tides for locations - is this new I have I just overlooked it? Should help estimating the amount of current you can expect on the west coast: http://www.metservice.com/marine/surf/makara" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It might just because the tides are forecast to 'stop' tomorrow that I noticed it :lol:

Will check closer to the time, but will likely head out Saturday morning from Makara if the forecast holds true - any company welcome :)

Hunt&gather
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400 Lite

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:37 pm

They've always been there coolboy. Notoriously hard to predict the tides in the strait though. A lot of different factors but swell map usually pretty good... Apart from last Sunday :@ I'm not sure if I'll get out again before Coro but will watch the weather. We had to paddle back from boom on Sunday into the current and the southerly that wasn't in the forecast and was hard work!!
Viking Profish 400 Lite
Viking Profish 440 Evo IV
The mothership - Surtees 5.5 Hardtop 115 Zuki 4 stroke

• Information