Catch up/Group fish this weekend (Saturday 12th may)

Wellington region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
Yakhard
Kayak Make: Cobra
Kayak Model: Marauder
VHF Call Sign: TBA

Wed May 09, 2012 10:20 am

Really hoping to get the Wellington fishos together this weekend for a group fish. The weather looks like 10 knot southwesterly.
Planning on fishing from Plimmerton out to the reef for a play. 10am start meeting at the end of Bath Street.
Hope to see you all there

CHeers

Snooz
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400

Fri May 11, 2012 10:51 am

The Canoe & Kayak fishing club is heading that way for an outing to the reef etc tomorrow:
10am meeting on the ramp down to the water just opposite Moana Lodge on the corner of Moana and Cluny Roads (Moana Lodge is 49 Moana Rd) in Plimmerton. As I understand it's a newly formed club through C&K, so not sure how many members they have or how many would be there.

...not that I'm a member yet, I'm on their mailing list - I'm a newbie ;)
Viking Profish 400 Lite
Viking 2+1

Yakhard

Fri May 11, 2012 11:18 am

Hi Mate

Im Todd, the club organiser. We have heaps of people keen just not sure how many are winter fisho's. Would love to see heaps of people there

Snooz

Fri May 11, 2012 11:29 am

Oh right...not just a coincidence then!

Do you have to be a paid member or could I just come and give it a go? I'm quite keen...
Viking Profish 400 Lite
Viking 2+1

Yakhard

Fri May 11, 2012 11:37 am

No dont have to be a paid member at all. Infact we are planning on stretching that freebie deal out for as long as possible. Its not a money making exercise and you cant have a club without members first!

Great i look forward to it!

Snooz

Fri May 11, 2012 11:46 am

Sweet, I'll talk to the hubbie and see if he's keen (we paddle a tandem).

As I'm a newbie, I'm very cautious about the weather. I've just looked at the forecast and it's going to be 22-26km/h NW. Will that be a wind/chop honking straight into Plimmerton? Don't want to have our first turtle on a group outing :$
Viking Profish 400 Lite
Viking 2+1

Yakhard

Fri May 11, 2012 12:01 pm

My weather sources suggest a ten knot northerly until about midday, then steadily rising. We will go somewhere else if its not suitable. You guys will be fine and some casual turtle practice never hurt anyone :rofl:

Dreadfish
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler elite 4.5

Fri May 11, 2012 3:16 pm

probably wont be there... kids sport all day sat and sunday during winter
Stealth Evolution 495
OK Prowler Elite 4.5
OK Scupper Pro

Ukkiwi

Fri May 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Looking forward to it Todd.

I talked to Andy today and he said you are able to bring the new kayak on the trailer with you. There will also be a PFD, paddle and one of those inflatable roof racks you love so much (at least I'll be able to get it home).
Went out today and grabbed a rod and reel, pack of Gulp nuclear chickens (Andy's suggestion) and even a landing net, hopeful eh.

doubletrouble
Kayak Make: Perception
Kayak Model: Swing 470

Sun May 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Was keen to get out with you all but I've got a compressed disc in the back, doc says 'no lifting' which is bloody annoying. So I'm interested to hear any tales of the trip. I've never fished that reef before.
I hope there was a good turnout. I'll be back in action soon and keen to join in. I love winter fishing.
The teris and kahawai were going off on the south coast and harbour a couple of weeks back.
Trip posts please
Peter

Yakhard

Mon May 14, 2012 8:55 am

6 of us went out in a nice sunny 10 knot breeze. We were all bottom bouncing around the reef with a few juvenile blue cod thrown back. I got spooled by a big bloody shark, putting my reel out of action. A few of the chaps chased the birds with some impressive kahawai to show for it. Within an hour the wind had increased to 20 off knots so we pulled the pin as we paddled home with a head wind. Was great to meet other fishos!

• Information