harbour fishing?

Wellington region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
hud
Kayak Make: ocean
Kayak Model: prowler

Thu May 28, 2009 9:37 pm

well this month has certainly sucked the big one! i havent had the yak out for far too long. planning to go for a paddle in the harbour tomorrow out to somes just to get on the water. does anyone know whether somes is any good for fishing? will likely take a rod anyways.
I have only fished the harbour twice in the yak but lately it seems that going anywhere outside the harbour would be suicide! anyway will probably give the south end of somes a shot as it looks ok on my chart. fingers crossed! any feedback from others who have fished the harbour more would be very welcome!

Paul in NZ
Kayak Make: Ocean
Kayak Model: Scupper pro - scrambler XT

Fri May 29, 2009 9:06 am

Yes - the weather has been... well... lets just say there has been a lot of it...

I have a busy weekend motorcycle wise and if the weathers too foul for that it will sure be too rough for kayaks but mondays a possibility.. The forecast aint flash so may try a spot of surfcasting with the child bride... It's kinda fun but I really suck at it so the aim is to catch anything decent at the moment apart from stingrays and small sharks...

• Information