Reef off Plimmerton Beach

Wellington region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
GBC
Kayak Make: ok
Kayak Model: Prowler Ultra 4.3

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:32 pm

Just purchased a Prowler 13 and I live up in Levin, most of my fishing could be off Waitarere Beach. Has anyone been out to the reef and had any luck?? It looks good from the road when I drive past.
Hope to catch up with a few of you soon.
Greg
Alcohol doesnt solve any problems But ..... neither does Milk

Paul in NZ
Kayak Make: Ocean
Kayak Model: Scupper pro - scrambler XT

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:51 am

GBC wrote:Just purchased a Prowler 13 and I live up in Levin, most of my fishing could be off Waitarere Beach. Has anyone been out to the reef and had any luck?? It looks good from the road when I drive past.
Hope to catch up with a few of you soon.
Greg
Good lord - do you catch much off Waitarere? I know folks up that way and they are usually quite disparaging about the chanch of a fish off the beach not to mention the surf you get there some days...

I have not been out to the reef but one day when I get time its on the menu. Consensus is to go from the northern side out to the northern / seaward edge... from those that claim to know...

Other than going into the harbour, I guess your other option is Pukerau Bay and the Paraparaumu / Raumati South beaches.

We are at Raumati South and at the moment the waters pretty cold and not much happening about our way. A few red cod and maybe a few kawahi... and tons of pesky nibblers n gnashers... Hardly worth getting wet for so - I've been gardening like a fool hoping to get everything shipshape for summer (ha!)

• Information