Wellington Kayak Fishing Club 2017 edition

Wellington region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
Cantab James

Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi Guys
We are having a go at getting a proper club set up for the local Yak fishers in Wellington.
I see this has been tried once before some 10 years ago, I guess there was a lack of engagement.
There seems to me more and more of us on the water and I reckon it's time to try again. I have put some feelers out on Facebook and there seems to be more than a bit of interest
Would be great to have a club to rival some of our Northern neighbours, hold regular club events, guest speakers and eventually a big comp to attract some of those from up north, see how they handle our conditions! :lol:

I want to hear from anyone who would be interesting in joining, or if you have some ideas about how it could be run, what you would like to get from it and if you are really keen, to be involved.

GSS
Kayak Make: Scrambler
Kayak Model: super mega XT

Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Any further info or interest on this? Seems wellys is abit hit and miss with clubs, seems to be a heavy amount of kayakers out there, when I started it was LTDGO, BAM, huntngather and xtreamz were the main players. Now the numbers out west on a light southerly out class the fizz boats. I've been on the low end of fishing for a few years with injuries and money being a huge factor at the upper end of it now and able to seperate some fishing time in my schedule now. What are you ideas for a meet up?

Cantab James

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:56 am

Hi GSS
Sorry for not responding sooner.
We are going to get together this Saturday at bin 44 on the waterfront at 12pm. (Next to fergs who are running a couple of saftey sessions before and after)
It would be great if you any any others could come along and we can see where that takes us. Keen to hear any ideas you might have.

Cheers

James

gibro712
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler Ultra 4.3
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5027

Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:09 pm

Lol Dammit! I missed the memo

Hopefully next time

Anyway. Hitting Makara tomorrow. Wish me luck/lunch :y:
Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.3
ZMU5027