Pukerua bay 8th and 11th Dec

Wellington region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
Bear Jules
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 13
VHF Call Sign: -

Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:36 pm

Had been far too long in getting out but conditions on thurs 11th were favourable so headed out for an evening fish. On the water by 5pm. Anchored / burleyed up and have first rod bender not long after. Not most desirable first fish in a barracuda. All good. Mostly little pickers for ages so pulled anchor and moved. Home made burley pot got stuck and broke off. Doh! Moved to another location. No burley so wasn't expecting great things. I did catch a couple of decent Kahawai for the smoker which was good. Caught a few more undesirables- Carpet sharks and a blind eel- Yuk! Had a few decent takes not sure what to keep me keen but no sight of them. The most fun was i had a kingi under the kayak for around 15mins chasing my bait up. Other times he just came up to have a look at me. I may have hooked him in that time as my rod in holder screamed off for a few seconds but no solid hook up. Was fun tho. Hopeful to catch a few snaps soon as other boaties say they have been getting em. Also went out on Mon 8th to launch the boat for the first time and caught a nice Gurnard in the 40mins fishing time i had at midday in the sun. It wasnt a fishing trip as such. Another guy said he also caught a couple of Gurnard on that day too.

Blazer60
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5911 - Blazer60

Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Nice one Bear. Early start tomorrow at Makara I think.
Blazer60
In between ships ZMW5911
Any Stealths for sale?

• Information