The Haps

Wellington region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
Danfili
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 440 Evo IV
VHF Call Sign: ZMT6439

Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:57 pm

Hey Boys

Just got back from Tonga yesterday morning , hows the fishing been in Welly . so hanging out for a paddle
Kayak Fishing You Hooked Yet

Viking Profish 440 Evo IV
VHF ZMT6439
https://www.facebook.com/LLKFT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dreadfish
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler elite 4.5

Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:59 pm

Hi dan

welcome back... how did the trip go??? much damage where you were?? not much been happening here with the carp weather hanging around so you havent missed much

Erik
Stealth Evolution 495
OK Prowler Elite 4.5
OK Scupper Pro

Danfili
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 440 Evo IV
VHF Call Sign: ZMT6439

Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:38 pm

nah no damage where i was but it was one hell of a wake up call ,I was more worried about my wife and daughter than myself .
Pretty much chilled on the beach most of the time watching whales swim past , had some amazing surf sessions.
2nd to last day went for a swim with a spearo about 100 m outside the reef amazing vis and the fish were HUGE. Speared a couple of fish and cut them up in hope of a visit from a few sharks . and the singing from the whales was almost deafening 8-) 8-)
Kayak Fishing You Hooked Yet

Viking Profish 440 Evo IV
VHF ZMT6439
https://www.facebook.com/LLKFT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hud
Kayak Make: ocean
Kayak Model: prowler

Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:10 am

sounds awesome! i remember hearing humpbacks when i worked off the whitsundays, they were miles away but you could still feel the noise in your chest!

fishing in wellies has been a no-go! been really windy and basically shit weather for at least 3 weeks. managed to get out for a quick spearfish on the south coast yesterday but vis was bollocks and no crays so would have been better off fishing i think. hopefully might get out on the west coast on sunday, not sure at this point if it will be for a spear or fish, gonna keep an eye on the forecast . . .

paddyak
Kayak Make: perception
Kayak Model: swing
VHF Call Sign: none

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:50 am

hey mate ,welcome back . myself ,xl and gordon got out sunday 2 weeks ago .few kahawai,carpets couta and so on .report on the other site ...
apart from that like hud said the weathers been gay

gonna try seatoun with 'yaknit' in the morning with the hope of window before the northerlies kick up.
at least the paddle back to shore will be easy.

hud
Kayak Make: ocean
Kayak Model: prowler

Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:16 pm

hey guys,
well i think the spearfishing will be a no go tomorrow, so will be out for a fish (hopefully). at this stage it's either gonna be west coast in the late afternoon or wouth coast during the day - depending on forecasts, so if anyone is keen give us a shout. maybe head up plimmerton way even - though i am a bit of a novice as to where is good there. . .

• Information