Discounted PLB group-buy for KFNZ members.

Adverts for new and used kayaks and equipment.
kingiFiddler
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:32 am

Hi all,

Is anyone else looking to purchase a PLB at a great price, starting from (just) under $300 delivered?

Have run this group-buy initiative passed Mental and he's OK with it.

Peter from Coos Bay Trading (in NZ his online storefront is skippersmate.co.nz) has somewhat cautiously (having been burnt in the past on such deals) agreed to a discount via a promo code for KFNZ members that order directly from his site.

He has agreed that if we can buy a minimum of three units the code he generates for us will produce a 5% discount, which may not seem like much but his prices are already pretty lean.

As it stands, the 5% discount would lead to the following delivered prices:

KTi SA2G NZ GPS = $298
rescueME Ocean Signal GPS = $350
ACR ResQLink+ Au GPS = $338

That said, if enough of us are keen, I will be going back to him and haggling for a bigger discount, but can't guarantee it.

Is anybody else keen? If so, can you reply in here or PM me if you prefer, so I can get a better idea of numbers please? If you've got any concerns or questions, suggestions please fire away.

I'll give it a week before firming up numbers and if we have enough then I'll get and post the promo code in here for others to use, but please note there will be a fairly tight expiry date on the promo code once it is issued.

Cheers all.

kingiFiddler

Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:22 pm

Quick update:

Have enough expressions of interest to meet the minimum numbers to trigger the discount. Hopefully will get more, enough to try for a higher discount.

munckhof
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload

Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:02 am

I'm keen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Munckz

Black/white Viking Reload
Perception swing

kingiFiddler

Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:25 am

munckhof wrote:I'm keen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM sent.

kingiFiddler

Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:26 am

I'm getting back to the supplier with numbers. If anyone else keen please let me know. Ta.

kingiFiddler

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:25 pm

Discount code has been issued and it worked fine for me. I've PM'd the code to those who expressed an interest. First in first served. I can't publish the code openly, after agreeing with Peter I wouldn't, so if anyone wants it, please PM me.

Cheers all. And a big thanks to Mental for allowing this to happen.

sk8e8
Kayak Make: Profish
Kayak Model: 400

Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Which is the one people are going for?
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Yamaha FXHO
Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420

kingiFiddler

Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:26 pm

Not sure. They are ordering themselves, choosing what they like directly from the site and applying the code when checking out, without my further involvement. So there's no way for me to tell what they are buying. That said, I ordered the basic Kti PLB, and there was one member looking at an EPIRB in addition to a PLB.

sk8e8

Mon May 08, 2017 8:06 am

Sweet mate. Any chance of PMing me the code?
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Yamaha FXHO

InSalt
Kayak Make: Kaskazi
Kayak Model: Dorado

Mon May 08, 2017 12:40 pm

I have bought the KTI PLB and an EPIRB.
Go onto the site and check the specs on the available PLB's. See what you are happy with. The price differential it's that great.
I chose the KTI for the best battery life. It also had the best accuracy and best price.
Others typically have a longer transmission time when activated (30 hrs vs min of 24) and better water proof specs (10m vs 3m) however if they haven't found you in 24 hrs you are probably done for and if it's under water it wont be working anyway.

sk8e8

Mon May 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Thanks for that. I'm thinking about the ACR one. Nice and small.
I do much of my fishing from a Jet Ski now days, and do some pretty big trips (60km out). My handheld VHF is pretty useless at the best of times (just outside Raglan bar for example, can't contact the CG) so I think this is a no-brainer.

Will check the specs though to ensure I'm happy.

Yamaha FXHO

kingiFiddler

Thu May 11, 2017 6:58 pm

sk8e8 wrote:Sweet mate. Any chance of PMing me the code?
Hi sk8e8,

Sorry, I haven't been on here for a while. Did you get the code? If not, please PM me in case I don't get back on the site soon enough for you. That way I'll at least get the email saying there's a PM.

Cheers,
Tony

• Information