Wanted: New FF / Plotter !

Adverts for new and used kayaks and equipment.
Hainesy
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:41 am

OK...

The time has come to replace / upgrade my trusty Lowrance Elite 5 fish finder.

Before I start doing the rounds of the local big barn retailers, or even look at bringing in my own one from overseas ( perish the thought ! ) I thought I'd see what the retailers who support the Forum have to offer, or alternatively see what other Forum members have that they may want to dispose of !

Must be FF & Plotter..... Transducer to fit the Reload Tackle Pod.... Never used down imaging or side scan, so sell me !

Not really interested in any thing second hand

Look forward to a mountain of responses !

Cheers
Hainesy

dedant
Kayak Make: Stealth-less
Kayak Model: Pending
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:34 am

And your used one is....?? :)

Glass is Class.. dedant

Hainesy

Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:34 pm

AntN wrote:And your used one is....?? :)

.... a Lowrance Elite 5....

dedant
Kayak Make: Stealth-less
Kayak Model: Pending
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:22 pm

..i mean, Is still good? Are you flicking it on?.. :?:

Glass is Class.. dedant

Hainesy

Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:58 pm

AntN wrote:..i mean, Is still good? Are you flicking it on?.. :?:
LOL...it still all goes ok, just that the transducer / power cable needs replacing so its a good excuse to get a new one !!.... Thought it might also be easier to buy a new unit then try and find a replacement cable ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

Kayak Adventures
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: To many models to name
VHF Call Sign: ZMS6165

Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi Hainesy - if you are interested in changing to Humminbird give Rob a call - he will give you all the details on Side or Down Imaging etc. As a H/Bird Pro store we offer a 3 year warranty plus H/Bird guarantee to service and hold parts for another 7 years. Can take a look at Rob's Helix model at our get-together in a couple of weeks if interested.
Cheers
Janet
All the best from the team

Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coromande ... 33?sk=wall

Stockists of the worlds best brands! Fishing Kayaks, Accessories, Watersport Clothing, Spearfishing Gear and Fishing Tackle

Hainesy

Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:42 pm

Kayak Adventures wrote:Hi Hainesy - if you are interested in changing to Humminbird give Rob a call - he will give you all the details on Side or Down Imaging etc. As a H/Bird Pro store we offer a 3 year warranty plus H/Bird guarantee to service and hold parts for another 7 years. Can take a look at Rob's Helix model at our get-together in a couple of weeks if interested. Cheers Janet

Thanks Janet...will do ....not wedded to any brand in particular !

WaikatoYakka
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8783

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Hainesy wrote:
Kayak Adventures wrote:Hi Hainesy - if you are interested in changing to Humminbird give Rob a call - he will give you all the details on Side or Down Imaging etc. As a H/Bird Pro store we offer a 3 year warranty plus H/Bird guarantee to service and hold parts for another 7 years. Can take a look at Rob's Helix model at our get-together in a couple of weeks if interested. Cheers Janet

Thanks Janet...will do ....not wedded to any brand in particular !
To add to Janet's comment and Hainesy I'm sure you already know, the after sales, outside warranty service with these guys is second to none.
I've used 3 brands of FF and good old faithful is still going strong now at 6 years old despite much abuse and a couple of courier trips for service.
Cobra Fish N Dive
Cobra Marauder
Ocean Kayak 4.3
Viking 400
TETRA12
Ocean Kayak4.3

RELOAD
........Such a whore

ZMT8783
Still turtle free since September '09 March 2011 :doh:

Addict since Sept '09

Pointloader
Kayak Make: Viking Kayaks
Kayak Model: Profish Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9774

Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:04 pm

It's obvious to most, but for the sake of transparency I wll state that I am heavily biased toward lowrance due to sponsorship.

I would suggest looking at the Lowrance Elite 7Ti OR the Simrad Go 7. Both have some great features including the best resolution and distance side imaging on the market at that price point, using the Totalscan transducer.
This is too big however to sit in the recess of the Tacklepod, but can be fitted there though it does risk potential damage from rocks etc.
Both units can also be used with the 83/200/455/800khz or 50/200/455/800khz transducers compatible with other Elite and Hook series units giving broadband sonar and down-imaging with CHIRP, and this fits easily in the tacklepod recess.
The only real diffrrence in these 2 models aside from looks is the Simrad has no buttons, so is touch only and therefore has a faster processor to handle multi-touch for pinch to zoom, where the Lowrance has buttons for most commonly used features as well as touchscreen which can be locked when wet to stop false reads and buttons still useable.
Otherwise these units are identical in features and software including trackback, down/side imaging, chirp, wifi connectivity, insight genesis personal and public mapping options, and editable pages to make your display show only what you want and the size you want it displayed.

Otherwise if you really want a step up, you could always follow my lead and add an HDS9 :rock:
https://www.facebook.com/FishingAddictsAnonymous
Viking Profish Reload, Viking Profish GT & Viking 2+1
Viking Kayaks Pro Team
Lowrance Pro-Staff
NZ Black Yaks 2015
ZMW9774

Hainesy

Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:36 am

Pointloader wrote:It's obvious to most, but for the sake of transparency I wll state that I am heavily biased toward lowrance due to sponsorship.

I would suggest looking at the Lowrance Elite 7Ti OR the Simrad Go 7. Both have some great features including the best resolution and distance side imaging on the market at that price point, using the Totalscan transducer.
This is too big however to sit in the recess of the Tacklepod, but can be fitted there though it does risk potential damage from rocks etc.
Both units can also be used with the 83/200/455/800khz or 50/200/455/800khz transducers compatible with other Elite and Hook series units giving broadband sonar and down-imaging with CHIRP, and this fits easily in the tacklepod recess.
The only real diffrrence in these 2 models aside from looks is the Simrad has no buttons, so is touch only and therefore has a faster processor to handle multi-touch for pinch to zoom, where the Lowrance has buttons for most commonly used features as well as touchscreen which can be locked when wet to stop false reads and buttons still useable.
Otherwise these units are identical in features and software including trackback, down/side imaging, chirp, wifi connectivity, insight genesis personal and public mapping options, and editable pages to make your display show only what you want and the size you want it displayed.

Otherwise if you really want a step up, you could always follow my lead and add an HDS9 :rock:
Thanks PL.... Lowrance are certainly in the mix, but as I mentioned above, I'm not committed to any brand in particular ! The HDS option looks great, but as I have to pay for it, even I might have trouble justifying "splashing the cash" on something so awesome !! :D :D
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:41 am

I have spoken to Hainesy offline already but I'll put it up here too for others if they need it too :)

Hainesy asked me about my Dragonfly 7 Pro...
the Dragonfly is an awesome sounder but I'm missing my side scan (previously had a Humminbird 798) still so I dunno I suppose if you'd never had side imaging then you'd never miss it so you'd think the Dragonfly was great LOL

So yes it's good and I'm happy with it BUT and it's quite a big but for me on the kayak - there is no way to display the voltage on the screen, I know it's not critical but I do like to know what state my battery is in when I'm out there - dim the screen etc if the battery is getting low etc.
At the end of the day it comes down to how much you want to spend on how many bells and whistles you'll get in the end...
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:18 pm

Garmin! Am loving the new 9" on the boat, After having furuno for years and finding it magical I went Hummer on the Yak, got used to SI DI and the like of and found especially SI more than useful. When I installed the Hummer on the boat however I was a little disappointed so started looking at alternatives, The Garmin 95sv is worlds above the hummers I have had. and talking to Jase (straydog) he's finding the same with his new Simrad... Keep in mind that we have both had and sold Hummers... Neither of us have any affiliation with either brand we are using currently and have both found the new units with chirp SI to be mind blowingly good
Fishing is like a box of chocolates. you never know what is going to be served up...

STRAY DOG
Kayak Make: OCEAN KAYAK,viking
Kayak Model: PROWLER4.3,4.1 ,pro fish 440
VHF Call Sign: stray dog

Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:40 pm

Good luck Hainesy :lol: Whent down this road my self a few months back so many options 8) Word of advise go with the lasted technology stuff fish separation is second to none and as always bang for buck

I got a Simrad Nss9 with the chirp structure scan and soon to ad a Airmar 1kw trans also for on my Boat for the deep stuff 300m plus ( 1 kw not ness for Kayak )

sk8e8
Kayak Make: Extreme
Kayak Model: Game King

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:25 am

STRAY DOG wrote:... ( 1 kw not ness for Kayak )
Limitless might have a different opinion :lol:
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Extreme 605
Yamaha FXHO * Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420

• Information