May b a stealth evo 465 for sale

Adverts for new and used kayaks and equipment.
lenzman
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload

Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:33 pm

Well as a person that has owned Stealth Evo 465, 495 and a Pinnacle Elite this is my assessment of speed stability comfort. Bear in mind I am just an ordinary paddler but spend at least a few hours on the water about 200 days a year.

The Evo 465 reasonable speed load is limiting and really the kayak doesn't have the volume to handle a paddler of much more than 80kg without affecting stability. Comfort is great as is the forward storage, but again care needs to be taken on not overloading the front if you are coming back in through surf. They are not designed as a surf boat and even Stealth will tell you that.

The Evo 495 has much more volume than the 465 therefore can handle a larger paddler of up to 120kg plus gear. This boat will cruise at 10km/hr, has superb glide. it is built for ease of paddle not surf and is less stable in a following sea than a Pinnacle Elite. Is comfortable to sit in for hours and has great front hatch storage for rods up to 7'. I enjoyed my Evo 495.

The Pinnacle Elite speed testing against my chart plotter gps was on flat water (same with the Evo) and could paddle a steady 8k/hr cruise, good glide. However digging in for more speed only got it to 10km/hr the hull digs in at the stern raising the bow... it is not designed for speed like the Evo it is designed for waves. Going through surf is easy, catching a wave is easier and it doesn't have to be surf. Stability is superb and is better than both Evo's. It is also very comfortable with lots of front hatch storage capable of storing rods up to 7'

I wouldn't want to test either brands with a sledge hammer I no more believe that advert than keeping pace with a K1...dreaming.

In short both have their points of comparison and as always there are trade offs... if you have a good surf boat it is slower... if its quick it isn't as good in the surf.. It's no use looking at what the pro's can do they could surf a dustbin lid..

There is about 2km/hr difference between the brands, but both are easier to paddle than a plastic...There better plastics will surf better than an Evo but I don't know of one better than the Pinnacle Elite..
That is my honest opinion, no axe to grind take it or leave it...
If I'm not fishing I'm taking photographs, if I'm not taking photographs I'm fishing!!

GHOST RIDER
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: RELOAD

Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:54 pm

well said lenzman :y: :y:
the only Stealth that i know that surfs well is the BFS
Profish RELOAD
KARMA as i fish out of a kayak i don't eat shark

ship
Kayak Make: STEALTH
Kayak Model: EVO 465

Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:05 pm

GHOST RIDER wrote:well said lenzman :y: :y:
pretty much hit it on the head, love the part about keeping up with k1 racer

The only offering I have is the 465 is quick in the rough with ugly wind you do need skill but easyest fastest ive seen in this crap as for weight im 100 kg now :)use to be 110 and the 120 recommend is pushing it
STEALTH EVOLUTION 465[/co

MUNTID
Kayak Make: Pinnacle
Kayak Model: Elite
VHF Call Sign: MUNTID

Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:10 pm

X2 i can vouch for those comments lenzman as i once ownd a stealth too.
Pinnacle kayak's NZ
Northland proud Synit rod bender and Accurate reel screamer...
Huge thank's to our sponsor's...

ship
Kayak Make: STEALTH
Kayak Model: EVO 465

Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:32 pm

My feelings are the pinnacles are the best fibreglass yak built for kiwis mainly cause of stability and best of all you can test before purchase

stealth 465 is a fast handfull on the worse of the worse wind and swell but this is the longest owned kayak out of the yaks ive owned very hard to beat
STEALTH EVOLUTION 465[/co

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:01 am

Pretty sure there is a forum rule about establishing affiliations. There also seems to be a familiar stench in this room of back ground direction... Just saying.

I would like to see people put their balls on the line on this thread only for humor reasons though. Having seen the video of Sean smashing the bottom of a pinnacle Kayak with a sledge hammer on you tube and having also talked to Shaun it would possibly be humorous to witness a standard glass pinnacle being smacked with a sledge hammer. could also be a pretty costly experience for those doing it :D

The Kayak being smashed with a sledge hammer was a one off composite Kevlar constructed prototype that never made production because of the cost involved. this wasn't carbon nor glass but a Kevlar based boat from what I can gather. I also notice that he has taken that video down, possibly to save confusion and stop people beating there kayaks with a sledge hammer :D

So come on guys if you do it tonight and up load it, it will give me something to chuckle at 5 am in the morning and you lot something to do over the weekend :D

I also think the lot of you miss the point on the Facebook link. It's not about a Pinnacle Kayak breaking or cracking up be it beaten by surf or broken on the water but more about the importance of a PFD and how badly wrong that could have gone... he fell out 2 km out and had to swim back to shore...

As GG has said, pissing match much?
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://www.northlandangler.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

sk8e8
Kayak Make: Extreme
Kayak Model: Game King

Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:24 am

lenzman wrote:I wouldn't want to test either brands with a sledge hammer I no more believe that advert than keeping pace with a K1...dreaming.
Just on this, I was told that the model they used in the sledge hammer video was NOT the current version of the Pinnacle. If you have one, don't think it will handle it or you won't be happy with the results.
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Extreme 605
Yamaha FXHO * Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420

rolly
Kayak Make: stealth supalite
Kayak Model: 2010

Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:22 pm

GHOST RIDER wrote:well said lenzman :y: :y:
the only Stealth that i know that surfs well is the BFS
Huh hum....

Well I guess the BFS is a big supalite :D

big blue
Kayak Make: stealth
Kayak Model: bfs

Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:27 pm

well the bfs is good in surf......not that I know piss all.....
and I don't know how fast it goes cause in all honesty, I don't give a shite....it catches fish.... and it gets me home...
anyone is welcome to try my bfs if they so wish.... owww and im 125kg's give or take, and have no trouble with it.
and as for stability.. its not bad... speed well I can keep up with most kayaks.

well im going fishing........

now a proud STEALTH bfs owner........

YakFisho Snapps
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 495,BFS..
VHF Call Sign: Yakfisho Snapps

Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:44 pm

big blue wrote:well the bfs is good in surf......not that I know piss all.....
and I don't know how fast it goes cause in all honesty, I don't give a shite....it catches fish.... and it gets me home...
anyone is welcome to try my bfs if they so wish.... owww and im 125kg's give or take, and have no trouble with it.
and as for stability.. its not bad... speed well I can keep up with most kayaks.

well im going fishing........
BFS is a great yak from stability right threw to the surfing it, it hasn't got the speed of the Evos but mate each to there own as there preferred kayak style if they sat in the saddle in a few different kayak brands to see what suits them :y:..loved paddling yours Bro even got me a nice fish with Ship on the night bringing down the old scales to 22lbs and a few noice ones not far behind she's blessed Bro :y:...

YakFisho Snapps
Kayak Model: Evolution 495,BFS..
VHF Call Sign: Yakfisho Snapps

Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:01 pm

ship wrote:Na mate no joke the pinnacle hull could be up to three time stronger than the stealth 430,465,495 models and by hull im talking the bottom of yak only
Ok Bro, just bloody too much on those pinnacle kayaks cuz.. One thing i will say when you talking hull it's the overall hull not just bottom! i have had my Stealth Evolution 495 for a few years now threw surf bang and crash and with a storm coming and landing my PB Snapper in those conditions over 11kgs and the yak performed like a dream as expected :y:..
I was given the option on a pinnacle and for my style off fishing i felt it didn't suit me but like i say horses for courses Bro :y:...

Hainesy
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:12 pm

Hey guys, let's bring this thread back on track... GG had a yak for sale and someone bought it! It's not a peeing comp abt who has the best sponsor / best yak !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

G1
Kayak Model: Profish

Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:14 pm

This is what I miss...A Hijacked thread....A bit of biffo about who has the best kayak....everyone putting in there 2 cents when its not needed. Half of what I read is Bull and the other half is S*&T!! awesome....keep it up fullas :y: :y:

Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:16 pm

Yea what Hainesy said... No one wants another Friday night episode on the Northland kayakers soap opera so this thread is now LOCKED
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

Hainesy
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:17 pm

.. And the bloody Crusaders have lost !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"