Beaut micro jigs

Discuss fishing tackle, methods, and kayak fishing accessories here.
Marc N
Kayak Make: FishMaster
Kayak Model: Angler 14
VHF Call Sign: none

Fri May 29, 2020 12:56 pm

So having waited for NZPost to deliver a range of $1 and $2 lures bought on eBay over December and January, suddenly, they all arrive at once, even though the cunning sellers, were all in different parts of China and thereto, you'd think, that they'd arrive at different times, even with the long delays.

But no they all arrived on the same day, 7 different packages, it's as though, when they'd turned up at NZPost, they got chucked in a bin and when the bins are all full, NZPost delivers the contents. never mind, have a look at these...

First photo, I bought two of these:
Trout.jpg
Trout.jpg (12.58 KiB) Viewed 294 times

Second photo these are they, great for trout I reckon:
lures.jpg
lures.jpg (68.93 KiB) Viewed 294 times
Yu Co
Fishmaster Angler 14 'yak
Fishing for every thing from Trout to Kingfish

AndrewRawlingson

Sat May 30, 2020 11:19 pm

They will definitely catch snapper too if you do your bit :y:

dedant
Kayak Make: Stealth-less
Kayak Model: Pending
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

Sun May 31, 2020 10:52 am

At Coromandel last weekend the little GAN jig I bought from Rob Fort nailed two dozen snapper before I broke the leader after it caught on the paddle blade. Definitely the right time for them! Watch out for the hooks on the cheap ones, better to make your own assist rigs or buy a name brand replacement sets for them.

Glass is Class.. dedant

AndrewRawlingson

Sun May 31, 2020 12:17 pm

Good point. I had a hook snap on a Storm Gomuku when attempting to land a much wanted/needed fish.

Marc N

Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:37 pm

Marc N wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:56 pm
So having waited for NZPost to deliver a range of $1 and $2 lures bought on eBay over December and January, suddenly, they all arrive at once, even though the cunning sellers, were all in different parts of China and thereto, you'd think, that they'd arrive at different times, even with the long delays. But no they all arrived on the same day, 7 different packages, it's as though, when they'd turned up at NZPost, they got chucked in a bin and when the bins are all full, NZPost delivers the contents.
Aaaah!, I found this

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12330992

from some 10 days ago

Watch the vid and pause at 0:36, look to the left of the room (and all around actually) and see the very large number of storage bins, that's where our parcels are!

I'll also note the apology from the boss (correct behaviour) and that none of the storage bins, are the kind that come on ships, they are all the kind that come on planes.*

The work flow is: these parcels and packages have arrived, later they are scanned as 'arrived', my Thesis is correct.

Waiting waiting waiting

addendum: from the article above:

Orders placed now will be moved through the network without being held - meaning they may arrive before something you ordered months ago. Walsh said customers could expect new orders delivered in 1-5 days, except deliveries into and out of Auckland which may take up to two weeks.

NZ Post chief marketing officer Bryan Dobson said last week he didn't know how long those volumes would last but expected CourierPost to continue to be busy at least until normal retail opened up again.

- so Bryan Dobson is responsible for telling us earlier, 'no problem, 5 days, it'll be fine, nothing to see here....'
Yu Co

Marc N

Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:32 am

Now to head to the lakes.. Trout :)

I should add, the micro jig is 26mm long so this is smaller than you'd think.

tr.jpg
tr.jpg (39.08 KiB) Viewed 198 times
Yu Co

Marc N

Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:22 pm

Marc N wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:37 pm
Orders placed now will be moved through the network without being held - meaning they may arrive before something you ordered months ago. Walsh said customers could expect new orders delivered in 1-5 days, except deliveries into and out of Auckland which may take up to two weeks.

NZ Post chief marketing officer Bryan Dobson said last week he didn't know how long those volumes would last but expected CourierPost to continue to be busy at least until normal retail opened up again.

- so Bryan Dobson is responsible for telling us earlier, 'no problem, 5 days, it'll be fine, nothing to see here....'
MNissen:

Well the NZPost's weasel words, in which the key terminology is -  "if it’s been more than 5 working days since our tracking tool shows NZ Post received your parcel"

has changed to ::

"To help us help you, please only contact us if our tracking tool shows it’s been more than 5 days (10 days in the Waikato and 2 weeks in Auckland) since NZ Post received your parcel"

I guess that someone pointed that the tracking tool may not be showing the user what other tracking tools are showing, you know,  leaving information off that casts NZPost in a negative light...
4 June - The weasel words have been altered again, on the Tracking tool, when I check on all the items, that have been "in Transit" etc etc (on a pallet in Auckland  I reckon).

"Delivery update; We are working to have 90% of new parcels in our network delivered within three days across the country. There are no specific areas where we have significant delays.  Thank you for your patience."

No more mention of the back log, I guess if they stop talking about it, we'll quietly go away - not me.

these NZPost a***holes are doing my head in
Yu Co

AndrewRawlingson

Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:37 pm

Please let us know how they go on trout.

Marc N

Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:08 pm

AndrewRawlingson wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:37 pm
Please let us know how they go on trout.
Will do :)
Yu Co

Marc N

Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:09 pm

Because I was bored, I spent the last couple of days reinstalling all my computers to fresh, latest, and shiny :)

And on some further research into the fate of my 20 some parcels, NZPost has yet to find, I can report the following:

One package on China Posts's site ::

2020-04-16 15:21:12 Package Received Zhengzhou
16:07:00 Depature from Local Sorting Center Zhengzhou
18:43:01 Arrival at Regional Sorting Center Zhengzhou
2020-04-17 23:10:35 Departure from Regional Sorting Center Zhengzhou
2020-04-19 10:02:36 Arrival at Regional Sorting Center BeijingCity
13:07:05 Dispatched from Office of Exchange BeijingCity
16:58:35 Departure from Regional Sorting Center BeijingCity
2020-05-05 16:41:57 Handed over to Airlines BeijingCity
2020-05-20 19:55:06 Handed over to Airlines ShanghaiCity

So some 5 weeks to get around China and presumably the last entry, means that the plane has left for NZ? I dunno, but AirNZ is trumpeting their cargo twixt Auckland and Shanghai:

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/press-r ... ai-tonight
and
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/415 ... ew-zealand

So if it did get to auckland 2 and 1/2 weeks is not too worrying, but NZPost says:

EV xxx CN Last updated: 19/4/2020 13:07
_____

I also found that the EMS site - https://www.ems.post/en, has this info :

EMS New Zealand New Zealand
Website information
› New Zealand Post
› International Courier
Customer care information
cscems@nzpost.co.nz
(+64) 0800 73 63 53 (Domestic calls only), (+64 9) 367 9710 (International calls only)
_____
I sent an email to cscems@nzpost.co.nz and got an auto response :

Dear xxx

Thanks for getting in touch. Your enquiry number is 041xxxx0.

We are delivering 90% of new parcels into our network within 3 days across the country. There is no specific area where we have significant delays beyond this.

However, there is still a small number of older parcels remaining from the COVID-19 volume increase we experienced and we expect to have delivered these by the end of this week.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We are doing all we can to respond to all enquiries within 3 working days.
Kind Regards

National Contact Centre
_____

Here's hoping :)
Yu Co

Return to “Tackle and Accessories”

• Information