Tagit custom fish bag for Old Town Predator 13

Discuss fishing tackle, methods, and kayak fishing accessories here.
lespresso
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:40 pm

a post to thank andy at fishingdirect.co.nz in silverdale for agreeing to make a custom Tagit bag for my predator 13 (i drew up the pattern)

i increased the insulation on the bottom and sides from 5mm to 10mm

on the top i spec'd 20mm, other than the bit at the bow end of the bag where it steps in and i dropped it down to the standard 5mm

this thinner 5mm insulation at the bow end of the top of the bag allows me to easily fold it over on itself and the velcro holds it there so you can post the catch into the bag without having to open too much of the bag & let all the cold out

i specifically requested no stringer mount, no velcro securing tabs, and no drogue pocket on top but you could easily request these standard features

all in white for minimum heat attraction

the other thing we did is enlarge the radius on all the corners so the zip does not bind as you take it around the corner, as this is an issue that really annoys me on the water

if you wanted to enlarge the capacity of the bag you could add 100mm of height to the sides, but i chose to keep it flush with the gunnels

it will just fit a 95cm fish which might not meet everyone's needs, but i think its about right for the waitamata & surrounding areas

i am extremely pleased with the end result & grateful for andy to agreeing to do it as i know that custom jobs are always a headache
IMG_0431.JPG
IMG_0432.JPG
IMG_0435.JPG
fullsizeoutput_60c.jpeg
Ocean Kayak Trident 15 (2017)

Flowrider
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: Flowrider

Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:57 pm

Nice one looks like a good job 8)
Taranaki Kayak Fishing Classic http://kayakfishingclassic.org.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Taranaki Kayak Fishing Club http://www.oskfc.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Viking Reload

lespresso
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:34 pm

took it fly fishing with me in the Hawke's bay this weekend

left it in the hot car all day and the cool packs were still completely frozen at the end of the day when i got back to the car. impressed.
Ocean Kayak Trident 15 (2017)

• Information