Fishing Competition Rules 'n Stuff

Our very own monthly competition, catch a fish, take a photo, and win a prize! - enter today!
Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:50 am

Along the lines of the other online kayak fishing competitions we are running one too.

We have decided to start this competition as bragging rights only with no prizes at this point as prizes can tend to turn this sort of thing sour and bring out the cheats - This may change in the future if we get a sponsor or donated prizes.

The Rules
Fish entered in the competition must be legal size and must be caught from a kayak.

Photo showing fish must accompany the entry and must also show measuring device / fish measurement.
UPDATE - visible measure no longer required, released fish are also able to be entered.

How to Enter

Fill in the following details for each entry and enter it in the relevant monthly forum thread along with the photo by the cut off date for that month (Tuesday 9am following the final Sunday).

Details which should be included with entries are as follows:-

Name / Username of Angler:
Fish Type:
Length:
Date/Time of Capture:
Location of Capture:
Type of Lure/Bait used:
Comments:

Competition Time Limit

Each month's comp period will be from the 1st Saturday until the 2nd Sunday of each month (inclusive).
This format includes two full weekends plus a full midweek period. You can get out as many times as you like within this timeframe.

UPDATE: Each month's comp period will be from the first day of the month until the last day of each month (inclusive). You can get out as many times as you like within this timeframe.

A thread will be started for each competition for you to post your entry into.

Multiple Entries

Only one fish per entry

Multiple entries are allowed over the month but only your last entry will be put into the pool for voting, this means that the Snapper you catch on the 5th you put up, then on the 20th you catch a bigger Snapper and you post that, and on the 30th you manage to catch a bigger one stil, the poll will only contain your entry from the 30th.

Measuring Fish

Each entry must be photographed on a measuring device to show the length of the fish, the length is measured from the tip of nose to the vee in the tail of the fish, i.e. the same way you measure the legal length of a fish, see example below.

In the future we hope to be able to supply a measuring device, the the mean time feel free to improvise.

Draw

In the case of a draw the first fish entered into the competition shall be deemed the winner.

Image use

Images of the fish entered into the competition may be used by KFNZ and/or the competition sponsors on their websites or other promotional material.
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

Fletcher
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9362

Tue May 31, 2011 11:33 am

Mental wrote:Competition Time Limit

Each month's comp period will be from the 1st Saturday until the 2nd Sunday of each month (inclusive).
This format includes two full weekends plus a full midweek period. You can get out as many times as you like within this timeframe.

A thread will be started for each competition for you to post your entry into.
does this mean there will be a time of the month where if you catch a fish it wont fit into any months competition time period?

I might be getting it wrong and getting myself confused but looking at the month of May if going from the time period above the first Saturday is the 7th and the second Sunday is the 8th? I think it was easier how you had it before going from the 1st of the Month until the last day of the month leaving entries open for 1 weeks after the last day.
Yak PBs. | Snapper: 20.7lb | Trevally: 11lb | Kingfish: 13kg | Brown Trout: 5.5lb | Albacore Tuna: 4.6kg | John Dory: 2.0lb | Blue Cod: 34cm | Skipjack Tuna: 4.4lb | Eagle Ray: 10kgish | Red Snapper: 4.1lb | Grandfather Hapuka: 7.1lb | Pigfish: 3.7lb |

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Tue May 31, 2011 12:17 pm

This was the original format, before the current full month timeframe.

We went for the full month as consensus was that the shorter period was a liitle too constrictive.
.................... "Flying Mango"....................
Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

Fletcher
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9362

Tue May 31, 2011 1:05 pm

Sorry my bad, didnt look at the post date of Oct 2008.
Yak PBs. | Snapper: 20.7lb | Trevally: 11lb | Kingfish: 13kg | Brown Trout: 5.5lb | Albacore Tuna: 4.6kg | John Dory: 2.0lb | Blue Cod: 34cm | Skipjack Tuna: 4.4lb | Eagle Ray: 10kgish | Red Snapper: 4.1lb | Grandfather Hapuka: 7.1lb | Pigfish: 3.7lb |

Mental
Site Admin

Tue May 31, 2011 3:07 pm

No worries, these should have been updated! My fault, have done a quick update, will review the whole thing later.

Cheers, Jason
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465

NakiYaki
Kayak Model: Espri Angler

Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:14 am

Going by recent photos i take it we dont have to have a measuring device in the photo anymore??? :geek:

Mental
Site Admin

Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:40 am

Good point as yes we haven't seen one in a long time :)

Rules edited :y:
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465

Jeff666
Kayak Make: Ocean kayak
Kayak Model: Trident 4.3

Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:08 am

If you are also taking into account catch and release it is not always possible to measure or weigh.
Old Town Predator 13
On the way The Old Town Predator PDL

Mental
Site Admin

Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:48 am

Jeff666 wrote:If you are also taking into account catch and release it is not always possible to measure or weigh.
Yes it's the worlds most casual comp, we even allow non fish to be entered don't we Jeff666 :lol:
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465

Jeff666
Kayak Make: Ocean kayak
Kayak Model: Trident 4.3

Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:57 am

Would have lost my hand trying to pull that thing up and measure it. :lol: :lol:
Old Town Predator 13
On the way The Old Town Predator PDL

Hainesy
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:17 pm

Jeff666 wrote:Would have lost my hand trying to pull that thing up and measure it. :lol: :lol:

Hope you didnt stress it too much..they are a protected & endangered species ! :!:
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

NakiYaki
Kayak Model: Espri Angler

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:11 pm

Jeff666 wrote:Would have lost my hand trying to pull that thing up and measure it. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dino_nz
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: scrambler xt

Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:52 am

Guys duz anyone now how to make tapatalk to see poll results my nets dwn at hme so can only get on with my ph

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk

Return to “Online Fishing Competition - Sponsored by K-Labs and Top Catch Whangarei”

• Information