Other than a few scratches, I thought, no damage done...
So after two more trips I was fiddling, 'messing about in boats', the best fun, and discovered abut 1 litre of water inside the boat.
I put this down to water ingress from me using a firehose, to wash down the yak and car combo when I get home, salt removal, you know the sort of thing...
So this trip I made sure the interior was dry, and after fishing, back on the ramp I discovered about 500 ml of water, after a 5 hour trip, not serious, but worth fixing.
I can't find the hole, even after half an hour of peering through my best glasses at the keel and bottom.
At first I thought, you know, tape keel protector stuff, easy... Expensive...
And whilst I was consulting repairman Google, I found a post from this very board,
Good on ya Mac50LMac50L wrote: ↑Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:33 pm For protection we run a ~30 mm wide strip of carborundum epoxy along the keel or at least a metre from the stern forward. Also some at the bow, about the same length. It is a 2:1 ratio mix epoxy and is like toffee. Mask off the area and cover the rest of the kayak with plastic. Blob it on and then meld it by lightly rubbing back and forth with a very wet (glove covered) finger, shaping the epoxy along the keel. I have an 2 litre ice cream container of water beside me as I work it. Use plenty of water.
When we hit rocks we leave grooves in them.
We use Norski's (http://www.norski.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) though I can't see it in their brochure. Abel Tasman Kayaks used to coat their rental's keels with it.
An alternative is to use standard epoxy and fill it with carborundum powered.