440 brought up to speed

Show off your pride and joy or look for ideas and help here.
Kayak Make: Scrambler
Kayak Model: super mega XT

Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:56 am

After rolling with a rough scrambler for 3 years it was time to upgrade. An opportunity arose to grab one of NZ Kayakers old 440's early this year so it was a no brainer. Had an awesome start to the year with this kayak they are truely machines built for the task. After hooking my first big kingfish on the kayak and getting railed to pieces I quickly knew what I was lacking. After a good 5 months planning and saving I felt it was time to attempt to join the rest of the big players and do some upgrades. A new tackle pod and chill pod thanks to Viking kayaks, thanks again Tim Taylor for the 440 your the man, and Limitless for the electrical knowledge. It all helps. So here she is brought up to code. All that isn't shown is the quick release system. Thanks guys for the help.
Battery connection.jpg
Not shown is another electrical link that spans from inside the tackle pod to the outer so it remains fully removable.
Battery dock.jpg
Just some foam from bunnings gorrilla glued overnight and weighted down. A straps recessed into the foam on the underside to give abit more support incase of a roll over
Battery view.jpg
The basic layout of the runs. A water proof fuse cover and everything made to be cleaned down after every trip and replaceable upon corrosion damage.
Chill pod leash.jpg
Stringer clip.jpg
Replaced one of the self tapping screws to bolts and placed a clip to hold the stringer.
Tackle pod to ducer link.jpg
Keeping the tackle pod true to form and fully removable with battery in tow.
Completed fish finder.jpg
18mm plumbing crimp cover fits nicely over the unused speed/tmp terminal. Fill her up with water repelling grease and recheck every few trips.
Turtle strap.jpg
Still to be tested in the surf with a full load. It should hold.

Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Fisha 500
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:53 am

Nice one! 8)

Glass is Class.. dedant

• Information